What's new
What's new

Help identifying mistery Deckel dividing head

omegant

Plastic
Hi,

I’m interested in buying a FP1 (just as an amateur) and found a guy selling a dividing head from what he says was a copying deckel mill (probably a KF but he doesn’t know the model) that he had to scrap.

The head has a “plate” that looks different from anything I’ve seen from Deckel. Looking at the deckel manuals and brochures, I can only find a similar plate used to generate geometrical paths in the pieces of the copying machine.
It’s not only the plate, the dividing head itself is different from what I am able to find in the deckel manuals for the FPs or the engraving-copying machines.
The tag seems to say KVR, but can’t find anything by this reference either.
Do anybody know what type of head is it? And iF is possible to change the original “chuck” by a 3 jaw chuck or a faceplate?.

He is asking 200€ and I don’t know if it’s worth the money if it’s a one trick pony that I can not use.

Thank you very much!

IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1070.jpg

A little late to the party, but here's what I see (in the not too clear pictures).

The dividing head looks like a good one.

The real question I have, is whether the face plate with the integral 'off-center' adjuster comes off, can be fixed at center, or is threaded under a thread protector?

It appears (in the blurry photo) that there are two screws holding the face plate on, maybe. And the (maybe) there is a threaded stub under a thread protector.

Cannot really make out the scale. Are the tiles 12 inches, six inches, or four inches square? Other?

I am having a hard time figuring that it should not be worth the asking price as a risk. Which is to say, if it showed up in front of me at that price, it would be bought just to see what it was and if I could use it, with a pretty good chance that it would not be a money loser!

Thanks for the tips!. At the end I bought it, maybe it wont be useful for machining, or just light machining if I’m able to install a chuck or a faceplate, but still a deckel so hard to pass on this one.

I’ll take better pictures and post them. Also I’ll try dissassembling the front plate to see how os attached.

Back