What's new
What's new

Help with a 1hp Baldor Capacitor Issue

joshuasshaw

Plastic
Hello, we recently purchased a single man lift with a baldor 1hp motor (single phase). Tested fine. However, after transport the capacitor case came off and the capacitors were dislodged. After attempting to look up wiring diagrams online, we've come up empty. No luck in figuring out how to re-wire these capacitors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    492.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG
    548.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3945.JPG
    IMG_3945.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3947.JPG
    IMG_3947.JPG
    454.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3948.JPG
    IMG_3948.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 19
Appears to me that the wire labeled "E" from the black start capacitor connects to the vacant side of the silver run capacitor. The other wire missing the terminal probably connects somewhere under the cap on top of the motor. If its a 1hp single phase motor its possible that it can be wired for 110 or 220 volt. there might be a removable access panel on the top of the motor showing you the wiring configuration for each. You may even find the connector for the bare wire still connected somewhere in there.

Good luck

Hello! Unfortunately the "bare wire" is actually our fault. That was originally not bare; but it was accidentally removed while pulling it off a capacitor (so it wouldn't have been within the motor). After removing the cap, there are no spaces for an additional cable. We have two cables coming from the motor labelled O, and E. then we have two connection cables both labeled O, and E as well. There isn't a third wire going into the motor.
I am worried the capacitors somehow failed in transit. But I am not sure.

if you are sure you have only two wires coming out of the motor, and two jumpers outside the case, then the two capacitors must have been connected in parallel.

Ok great. I'll try that. Kinda odd that a Run and Start would be in parallel, don't you think? I'll troubleshoot today and see what I come up with.

Test in parrallel. Nothing. It's sparking at the switch. I checked all wires for a grounding issue or something, but nothing. I am wondering now if my capacitors are ruined. Can a capacitor issue cause a shortage?

Back