What's new

Help with log in?

• Thread starter Distemper
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 454
D

Distemper

Any mods out there who can help me log in under my old name?
I lost my phone a week ago.
Lost a lot of stuff, including my log in info on several sites.
Most of them I can remember my info on but can't get back on to PM.
I set up a new account to post this and will close it later.
Can someone help?
Thanks

I was here for most of 3 years.
I hate having to go back to plastic when I was cast iron - and go through all the peevishness and arrogance this place shows to new users - again...
Can someone help me get my log in back?
I was Ultradog MN.
Thanks,
Jerry

Any mods out there who can help me log in under my old name?

It's possible that they can't. Usually if the software is set up for it, there will be a "Forgot your password ?" link at the login page, and that will send a new password to the email you used for signup.

But if that is not the system used (and I don't see it here) then normally the password is stored as a hash that humans can't interpret, even moderators are not supposed to be able to mess with it or even get to it.

Hope I'm wrong for your sake, but ... you can't remember the password ? That's why I hate those stupid "requires seventeen digits including a capital letter and a number and a few pointless symbols" passwords. wtf, it's just a gossip site, not your bank account.

LOW TECH ANSWER

Little Black Book!

I purchased one about 20 years ago and I put all my user names and passwords and security questions/answers in it. There is NO WAY I could remember the hundreds of names and passwords that I have used to set up access to the many sites I visit.

And an old fashioned, paper and pen record is about the most secure way of storing them as long as you do not let that black book off of your desk.

I want to move everything to a Rolodex, but never seem to have the time for that.

I got you. Hang tight. @Admin5
Thanks.
But wait, there's more...
A year ago January the yahoo email associated with my account was hacked.
Yahoo simply and abruptly closed it.
Poof!
I got a new one at gmail but must have never changed my email here at PM to the new one.
Is there any hope of getting my old username back?

Back