What's new
What's new

Hendey toolroom shaper on CL with tooling $750 (Central Coast CA)

crrmeyer

Stainless
Not my ad. If I had the space I would buy it. Looks to be in good condition.

text from ad:

Hendey 12" High-speed Toolroom Shaper.

Serial Number 2648 - - manufactured in 1942. I have owned it for the last 15 years.
This one has a cast iron dovetail ram, not the aluminum ram that was discontinued.
Automatic transverse feed and automatic down-feed on tool-slide at any angle.
Special tool-slide clamping wrench included, as well as many tool-holders, including an Armstrong S-52 (last pic). I have additional toolholders not shown in pics.
Universal table with tilting top and original vise. Dual controls - can be operated from either side of machine.
12-3/4" stroke, 17-3/8" horizontal travel. Floor space required: 46" x 68".
2 horsepower, three-phase motor. I can supply a 3 hp, 3-phase VFD for an additional cost.
Eight-speed transmission - 14 to 200 strokes per minute.
It is connected to electricity and can be operated.
Weight 2,825#. Can load with forklift.
Cash only. Please use CL message to make contact with me as I am tired of dealing with scammers. I will reply to your message or call you as you prefer. I am retired, so you may make an appointment to see it in operation just about any time.

Attachments

• Hendey shaper 1.jpg
    Hendey shaper 1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Hendey shaper 2.jpg
    Hendey shaper 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 57
Not my ad. If I had the space I would buy it. Looks to be in good condition.

text from ad:

Hendey 12" High-speed Toolroom Shaper.

Serial Number 2648 - - manufactured in 1942. I have owned it for the last 15 years.
This one has a cast iron dovetail ram, not the aluminum ram that was discontinued.
Automatic transverse feed and automatic down-feed on tool-slide at any angle.
Special tool-slide clamping wrench included, as well as many tool-holders, including an Armstrong S-52 (last pic). I have additional toolholders not shown in pics.
Universal table with tilting top and original vise. Dual controls - can be operated from either side of machine.
12-3/4" stroke, 17-3/8" horizontal travel. Floor space required: 46" x 68".
2 horsepower, three-phase motor. I can supply a 3 hp, 3-phase VFD for an additional cost.
Eight-speed transmission - 14 to 200 strokes per minute.
It is connected to electricity and can be operated.
Weight 2,825#. Can load with forklift.
Cash only. Please use CL message to make contact with me as I am tired of dealing with scammers. I will reply to your message or call you as you prefer. I am retired, so you may make an appointment to see it in operation just about any time.
If I were you I'd MAKE space for this beauty. After all, it's only a bit of wood,concrete, tin and maybe some insulation for you lucky guys to keep out the heat.

Looks a nice machine with quite a small footprint. I like shapers and it’s surprising what you can get them to do with basic tooling if you put your mind to it. Interesting to see the reference to an “ aluminium ram “ on a previous model. Why would you want an aluminium ram on a shaper ? !

Regards Tyrone

If it was closer....

One that size is great as it can do most all the odd-ball operations that they are so good at, yet it takes up so little space. I've been looking forward to the day that one appears on our floor and I can chunk all our broaching tools in the scrap bin. Just clamp a pulley in the vise and walk away (momentarily).

I would have thought on a shaper you’d want more mass in the ram not less. It’s a bit like having an aluminium sledge hammer. Nobody else that I’m aware of tried that idea and it significant that the OP said the aluminium ram was discontinued.

Regards Tyrone.

Back