What's new
What's new

Hiring CNC Programmer/Operator - up to $32/hour + OT + Bonuses + Benefits

WMW@PDX

Plastic
We are looking for a CNC Programmer for our swing shift schedule. If you have at least 3 years of experience running CNC lathes, please check out our job post:

CNC Programmer/Operator - up to $32/hour + OT + Benefits - Beaverton, OR 97203 - Indeed.com

Other companies itemize a very long list of what their requirements are or what their achievements are as a company, Western Machine Works prioritizes the value to our employees and customers. That is why you will see our comprehensive benefits outnumbering the requirements. Please go to Indeed or our website to see the job description.

Here are the benefits:

• Wage up to $32 / hour depending on experience.
  • Overtime-pay available: for both time and a half and double time.
  • Signing bonus.
  • Retention bonus at 6 months and 1 year.
  • Premium swing shift differential.
  • COLA (Cost-Of-Living-Adjustment) contribution annually.
  • Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
  • 5% 401K matching plan.
  • Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance.
  • Education reimbursement.
  • Yearly bonus plan.
  • PTO (Personal Time Off) depending on experience.
  • 9 Paid holidays.
  • Company-provided meals on Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Company-provided overalls refreshed daily.
  • Calibration of personal measuring instruments.
  • Reimbursement for safety glasses.
  • All required PPE provided.
  • Climate-controlled, clean, and safe working environment.
  • Employee-recognition events.
  • Consistent workload availability.

Here are the requirements:

• 3+ years of experience programming and running CNC lathes.
  • Experience with Siemens Shopturn controls preferred but not required.
  • Job entails 75% CNC work and 25% manual machine work.
  • Knowledge of machining procedures for mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and bronze.
  • Expert use of tools appropriate for metalworking trade required.
  • Strong communication skills.
  • Ability to work off of prints and/or written/ Standard personal toolbox.
  • Swing shift schedule.

Find out more about us at Equipment Service, Repair & Manufacturing | Western Machine Works

We hope you find the best job opportunity out there to match what you and your family needs.

Reading your two machinist job posts, it looks like you're penalizing someone 15% if he knows how to program. Up to $37.75 for manual only, and up to $32.00 for manual plus CNC, plus programming. I think something important is missing from one of those two job descriptions.

Reading your two machinist job posts, it looks like you're penalizing someone 15% if he knows how to program. Up to $37.75 for manual only, and up to $32.00 for manual plus CNC, plus programming. I think something important is missing from one of those two job descriptions.

The manual job is looking for someone who has large(ish) machining experience. 36"+ swing in a lathe.....................that might not be the only reason for the better pay? It might come down to finding a good manual guy is harder than finding a program/setup/cnc guy.......................

Top notch manual machinists are a rare breed these days, CNC operators, not so much.

^^ What he said. Anyone running a swing swift does so with intent to have control over their workforce. Why, when it can make people immensely tired or confused resulting in workplace injuries. One guy I know who got off a swing shift that day was behaving as if he was drunk when trying to help me with something and I couldn't smell alcohol on him.

We are looking for a CNC Programmer for our swing shift schedule. If you have at least 3 years of experience running CNC lathes, please check out our job post:

CNC Programmer/Operator - up to $32/hour + OT + Benefits - Beaverton, OR 97203 - Indeed.com

Other companies itemize a very long list of what their requirements are or what their achievements are as a company, Western Machine Works prioritizes the value to our employees and customers. That is why you will see our comprehensive benefits outnumbering the requirements. Please go to Indeed or our website to see the job description.

Here are the benefits:

• Wage up to $32 / hour depending on experience.
  • Overtime-pay available: for both time and a half and double time.
  • Signing bonus.
  • Retention bonus at 6 months and 1 year.
  • Premium swing shift differential.
  • COLA (Cost-Of-Living-Adjustment) contribution annually.
  • Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
  • 5% 401K matching plan.
  • Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance.
  • Education reimbursement.
  • Yearly bonus plan.
  • PTO (Personal Time Off) depending on experience.
  • 9 Paid holidays.
  • Company-provided meals on Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Company-provided overalls refreshed daily.
  • Calibration of personal measuring instruments.
  • Reimbursement for safety glasses.
  • All required PPE provided.
  • Climate-controlled, clean, and safe working environment.
  • Employee-recognition events.
  • Consistent workload availability.

Here are the requirements:

• 3+ years of experience programming and running CNC lathes.
  • Experience with Siemens Shopturn controls preferred but not required.
  • Job entails 75% CNC work and 25% manual machine work.
  • Knowledge of machining procedures for mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and bronze.
  • Expert use of tools appropriate for metalworking trade required.
  • Strong communication skills.
  • Ability to work off of prints and/or written/ Standard personal toolbox.
  • Day shift.

Find out more about us at Equipment Service, Repair & Manufacturing | Western Machine Works

We hope you find the best job opportunity out there to match what you and your family needs.

Update on this open position: The swing shift has been filled. We are now opening this position for DAY SHIFT.

You guys cry:bawling: to much, there's plenty of people who work swing,nights,graveyard and just get on and do it without crying. We've all worked shifts we didn't like.

I suppose you all think we should be working days, with the tea lady coming by twice a day (like they used to in the UK) with tea and cakes, with a red carpet by every machine, and an award every day for just turning up.

I bet y'al even want nice soft toilet paper in the crapper. You know the type that makes you smile while your wiping your manhole.

And beer in the fridge.

And pizza every Friday. Real Pizza not the Dominos/Pizza Hut crap.

And a hug and genuine show of appreciation from the boss when he hands you the paycheck on Friday.

And you want an award for trying your best, even after scrapping some parts, or cutting a grove in a Bridgeport table (that one made me mad)

And when you come to work wearing a skirt and make-up:eek:, i bet y'al want your own bathroom and people to use your chosen pronouns.

Quit your crying and GET BACK TO WORK!!!

Jeeze, you guys. Nice ad, not too much marketspeak gobbledygook, even lists the pay rates, and you snivel. I can tell you who I'd be looking at if I wanted a job, and it wouldn't be the whiners.

EG tried to send you a PM, didn't go thru (unrelated to this discussion)

Back