What's new
What's new

homing my milltronics lathe

roll maker

Aluminum
OK I deserve a dope slap. I turned off my lathe with the saddle on the tailstock side of the homing position. I have forgotten how to get the saddle back to the headstock side. Does anyone know the procedure to return the saddle to the proper side of the switch? We were shown during initial training which was 7 years ago, just can't remember.

OK I deserve a dope slap. I turned off my lathe with the saddle on the tailstock side of the homing position. I have forgotten how to get the saddle back to the headstock side. Does anyone know the procedure to return the saddle to the proper side of the switch? We were shown during initial training which was 7 years ago, just can't remember.
I just turn the lead screw with an Allen socket and ratchet from the tailstock end of the screw.

On a mill, you can hold in the reset button and hand wheel whichever direction you want to go. I have used this to get off the limit switches

I will try the reset button and handwheel first and I was planning on turning the leadscrew if I couldn't get to do it electronically. Thanks for the help and input

Went to the shop booted the machine up and it is as simple as previously stated except for the following on the lathe. Put the toggle switch into the manual mode, push the enable button and use the joystick to move the carriage. Thanks for the help!

Went to the shop booted the machine up and it is as simple as previously stated except for the following on the lathe. Put the toggle switch into the manual mode, push the enable button and use the joystick to move the carriage. Thanks for the help!
You also could go to main, parameters, F1 setup, PROTO 3, password 3, hold in reset, F1 home, F10

Back