What's new
What's new

How do you get 12' bars out of a box trailer?

guythatbrews

Titanium
<strong></strong>I always hate to get material this way but sometimes it is unavoidable. I get bundles sometimes 25 or 30 1.25 round brass bars. Sometimes in a handi crate, sometimes in a crummy to-lightweight wooden crate, sometimes just a bundle.<br><br>Don't have a dock so 5000# lift on the ground. We manage with blocks, straps, j-bars and pinch bars. Shuttle the bundle out and set one end one the ground, then come to side and pick upi with the forks. Ugly!<br><br>Lately been using 6' fork extensions on smaller bundles with strap thru the tip of the fork and bundle chocked. That works pretty well.<br><br>Do you have a way you like to do this? As if anyone likes to "do this."<br><br><br>

I pull it back to where it sticks out of the back of the trailer a bit, set the forks down flat on top of the bundle as far as I can without shoving it back into the trailer with the forks all the way together. I then put a ratchet strap tight around the bundle and the tips of the forks, tilt back, lift a bit and take it anywhere you want.

Back