What's new
What's new

How many 10L's had LOO spindle ?

red mill

Plastic
I was just wondering if anbody had an idea of how many or what percentage heavy 10's came with LOO spindle.Mine is a 1967 41/2 bed w/taper and metric gears.It came out of a military mobile machine shop.I got every accessory that it left factory with including lima motor w/4 speed gear box.Also got a complete Versa-mil with it.I would also like to see a picture of a mobile shop from the 60's.Thanks.

Mine did and I like the LOO spindle. I have a 10L with a taper attachment it was sold to Willis Machine in LA in March 1963. It is fully restored including the tags from Willis Machine on the gear cover.

John

My heavy 10 with LOO spindel

I like mine too. It too came with a good bunch of tooling, but no chuck. It was in like new condition, even had the factory supplied drive belts with south bend printed on it. I would like to find a collect pull tube for it. Haven’t seen one as they are little longer than the standard spindle.

Attachments

• my lathe with jachobs chuck.jpg
    my lathe with jachobs chuck.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 444
  • south bend belt.jpg
    south bend belt.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 342
  • lathe back plate.jpg
    lathe back plate.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 420
  • loo adapter.JPG
    loo adapter.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 338
  • stop.JPG
    stop.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 318
I like mine too. It too came with a good bunch of tooling, but no chuck. It was in like new condition, even had the factory supplied drive belts with south bend printed on it. I would like to find a collect pull tube for it. Haven’t seen one as they are little longer than the standard spindle.

Send a note to Ted aka SBLatheman I bet he has one.

Back