What's new
What's new

How to create a note for a Okuma program

Phu

Plastic
Hi, I am using Okuma Geno L3000, I have created a program, I just wonder how to create a note or an alarm attached to the program that I just created, please help. Thanks,

Not sure if I understand what you are really asking. You can put a note in the program the same way you would for a Fanuc. Use parentheses.

M0 (FLIP PART)

I know very little about Okuma controls. We have one Okuma lathe in the shop, and the other programmer handled it until he quit 6-1-15 when I inherited it. I know you can use 'V' for different things, but don't know how to have the control put out an alarm.

There is a guy on another machining forum with the username 'deadlykitten'. He knows Okumas quite well.

Deadly kitten is a douche. He was on here under a couple different names and we ran him off.

See “Dunning-Krueger”.

Kindly.

Deadly kitten is a douche. He was on here under a couple different names and we ran him off.

See “Dunning-Krueger”.

Kindly.
Thanks. He was no help with Fanuc controls, but I was under the impression he worked with Okuma lathes a lot. Figured my not always understanding him was a language problem on my side.

Hey op, do you have the manuals?
Like gcodeguy said, parentheses in the program.
There are two types of V variables. The ones that are all alphabetic are system variables. ie VZSHZ
V1 thru V whatever are user variables.

I have a lathe with U10L control. I’ll look in the manual Monday and see if I can find anything

this what we use for a vmc with the OSP200 / OSP300 control for alarming out with a message.
it may help as there is a lot of cross over from VMC to Lathes

IF[ABS[7.20-VTOFH[2]] GT .100]NER2
NER2 T9999 MSG(TH IS OUT OF ALLOWABLE RANGE)

probably too old but this is for an LB15 OSP5020L control
ALARM MESSAGE EXAMPLE
N3000 VUACM[1]='CHECK INPUTS'
N3001 VDOUT[991]=999
M30

Hi, I am using Okuma Geno L3000, I have created a program, I just wonder how to create a note or an alarm attached to the program that I just created, please help. Thanks,

You can also install the APP that lets you put in a message, like when you need to flip a part to run the 2nd operation etc...
We've used it in the past, it was relatively simple to do, but that was years ago and I've forgotten how.

https://www.myokuma.com/okuma-osp-message

Back