What's new
What's new

How to generate a toolpath in Fusion 360 using a simulator app as your machine?

Mkabba

Plastic
Hello all,
New cnc hobbyist here, I was wondering if there is a way to generate a toolpath in 360 without a cnc machine. I'm currently using simulators and I can't find the name in the selection options.
Any information would be highly appericaited

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 12.29.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 12.29.39 PM.png
    717.1 KB · Views: 17
Your simulator has to be simulating some machine, so choose whatever the simulator is simulating and have foozhun post code for that machine. Then feed that code to the simulator and ask the simulator to graphically simulate whatever motions the simulated machine would be making if it were real instead of simulated. Simple.

Hello all,
New cnc hobbyist here, I was wondering if there is a way to generate a toolpath in 360 without a cnc machine. I'm currently using simulators and I can't find the name in the selection options.
Any information would be highly appericaited
From the looks of the dialog, you have already designated the post you want to use (located in the Fusion Library). Go to the top of the dialog and hit the copy icon. Now click on 'local' under My Posts and hit the paste icon at the top of the dialog. Post should now be in local where you should have access to it.

Fred

You need to edit your post, as machine simulation is handled by post processor and backfed from post. However hsmworks in fusion is easy to edit, you can find tutorial how to add simulation to your post.

However hsmworks in fusion is easy to edit, you can find tutorial how to add simulation to your post.
HSMWorks is for SolidWorks not Fusion, AD used HSMWorks as the template to create the CAM for Fusion and Inventor. the post are VB based so they work in all 3 softwares.

Back