What's new
What's new

Hurco Autobend 7 Y-axis manual jog limit

Marankie

Plastic
Hey all,

Recently bought a press brake with a Hurco AB7 back gauge and ram control. I am having trouble getting the Y axis (bend depth) manual jog to any further than .5" up or beyond the limit switch when in active mode, it just stops. No errors, basically just goes to 4.491 and stops, limit switch is at 4.00.

It manually goes further without a problem, it will also adjust all the way up with the Y axis in jog mode, the tooling I have on the press needs to be at about 2".

I've been through the manual multiple times, have tried calibrating but no results. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Greg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Your y axis zero point may be off along with the manual gage. You probably do not have a 1/2 " or more adjustment in the limit switch. So it could be the cnc part of the system. Don't know how nice Hurco service is but it does'nt hurt to ask.

I know this thread is about 8 years old lol and I’m better off finding a needle in a haystack than getting a reply, but I just bought a press brake with the same Hurco Autobend 7 controller on a megobal PB63T and am having the same sort of issues with the Y-axis not doing what I want. For example the pinch point doesn’t seem to change if I change the die or punch heights and when doing a 180 degree fold (which shouldn’t fold) it still bends the material about 20 degrees. Wondering if you had any luck? Thanks

I’ve had a similar problem, I never found why, but when I changed the bios battery the problem resolved itself, there must have been somthing stored in some register somewhere in there, I never found it
Mark

You have something else going on with your machine if changing the die or punch heights doesn't change the bend depth. If you use a rule to measure the punch and die dimensions, are the values you have for punch and die in the control very close to actual dimension?

Back