What's new
What's new

Husband passed away and looking for value of South Bend Lathe

Here are the pictures! I do not know if I took pictures of the right stuff. I am open to suggestions on what to take instead. I believe he purchased for a local college when they were changing up their equipment.

Attachments

• IMG_4127.jpg
    IMG_4127.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4128.jpg
    IMG_4128.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4131.jpg
    IMG_4131.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4132.jpg
    IMG_4132.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4133.jpg
    IMG_4133.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4134 (1).jpg
    IMG_4134 (1).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4135.jpg
    IMG_4135.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 96
Here are some others...

Attachments

• IMG_4136.jpg
    IMG_4136.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4142 (1).jpg
    IMG_4142 (1).jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4158.jpg
    IMG_4158.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 54
Thats a good start on the lathe. Asidefrom some junk in the chip tray, everything pictured goes with thr lathe. Not a 10L, agree its a 14". Moving it is a more substantal undertaking- which is fine.

If there are other benches or stashes of stuff, please do post pics when you have an opportunity, we can help classify them.

@all looking at this thread, it is very important to be patient awaiting pics, the o.p. surely has more going on then just selling the lathe.

Thats a good start on the lathe. Asidefrom some junk in the chip tray, everything pictured goes with thr lathe. Not a 10L, agree its a 14". Moving it is a more substantal undertaking- which is fine.

If there are other benches or stashes of stuff, please do post pics when you have an opportunity, we can help classify them.

@all looking at this thread, it is very important to be patient awaiting pics, the o.p. surely has more going on then just selling the lathe.
Will give it a try... thanks for patients. I have sooooo much stuff. I just got done with selling all the outside farm equipment and now the barn workshop is next.

STACHES of stuff is not a problem! Do you mean other equipment? Gosh, I am just working at selling the big stuff now. Miller diesel welder (350 hours) welding table, bridgeport, safes, the list goes on and on. I will post a few pic just to give everyone a chuckle

Attachments

• IMG_4145.jpg
    IMG_4145.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4147.jpg
    IMG_4147.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4148.jpg
    IMG_4148.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4149.jpg
    IMG_4149.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4150.jpg
    IMG_4150.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4156.jpg
    IMG_4156.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 121
Looks like a good condition lathe with surface rust..and a lot of other nice stuff
you definitely need a tooling person to estimate, and possibly do a cleanup.
likely with a honing stone much of the lathe surface rust could clean up nicely. Seems like you should know somebody who is a tooling person.

Last edited:
Looks like a good condition lathe with surface rust..and a lot of other nice stuff
you definitely need a tooling person to estimate, and possibly do a cleanup.
likely with a honing stone much of the surface rust could clean up nicely. Seems like you should know somebody who is a tooling person.
I would prefer to sell it as is... depending upon the difference in $. My backhoe is down right now so I cannot move things around yet. Will work on getting some of the grime off and maybe ask ? (maybe 2-3,500)

The first stage is to make sure the lathe pile is complete and clear so it can be priced halfway reasonably. The other ones can be similarly organized.
I am not sure what a lathe pile is??? It is crazy because just a few of the parts are advertised on e-bay for a lot of money. Gosh... so confused. A wholesaler is coming over this weekend. Sooo... who knows what he will offer. I contacted this website and was hopeful to get a price range... but I have learned it is a complicated machine to price and it really varies. I will try and find a local who can help me or just part it out. Thanks everyone for your input:)

I am no expert but I can tell you its not a $9000 machine. If i had it would be happy with $3000 and it would take a while to get that. I stand to be corrected but I think that is a
Korean built machine not USA
Bob

That machine as-is, where is, maybe 1000 to 1500, dropping quickly from there if anything wrong with it; I have the sense of a fairly lightweight 14" lathe, not 3k lbs of iron there.

ebay list prices are not sold prices, I think the idea is to get the machine out of there, so priced to move will get things going better than trying to get every cent out of it. "lathe pile" is all the stuff related to the machine stacked on it where nothing gets damaged, so nothing is forgotten.

That WeldSale fixture table is worth some money, a 4ft x 4ft can bring close to $2000. Anvils have sky rocketed in price the last few years. I can't give a good estimate as pricing is based on size/weight.

I am not sure what a lathe pile is??? It is crazy because just a few of the parts are advertised on e-bay for a lot of money. Gosh... so confused. A wholesaler is coming over this weekend. Sooo... who knows what he will offer. I contacted this website and was hopeful to get a price range... but I have learned it is a complicated machine to price and it really varies. I will try and find a local who can help me or just part it out. Thanks everyone for your input:)
If the wholesaler doesn't make you happy let me know and maybe I can make a trip over and see what you have there as I'm only a little over an hour away. I already have most everything that I can use but may be able to give you an assessment of what you have and what it may be worth in our area.

Back