What's new
What's new

Hydmech Saw Recommend/Opinion

Houdini

Titanium
Just thought I would put this out there for those looking for a new saw.
I bought a Hydmech H14-A a year and half a go, Its been awesome.
Like having another employee, literally.

I saw Peter/Edge Precision say once "why the fuq do you need a touch screen display on a saw" or something like that.

An option I haden't seen before was a Q option that allows you to program the saw for multiple different sizes, and number of those sizes, for a single bar of material.

We use this all the time because we have a couple large quantity parts that have multiple sizes out of the same size stock, so we can maximize parts per bar.

It is super nice to not have the sticky floor mess around the saw, this was my main OCD reason for buying a saw in a box, zero mess outside.(except what you create)

It also had 600 speed setting as apposed to a standard 300-350, so it's also suited for cutting Aluminum faster.

Servo feed so it feeds bars faster than a hydraulic feed, that was nice with having large volume of parts that are 24" long.

Having a 55 gallon coolant tank has been nice, coolant stays better longer, that's a given larger volumes.

It is nice to not have to manually clean out the machine, having a conveyor system is pimp!

It doesn't have a good way to pour a bucket of coolant in, one of the out panels above the conveyor could be fabbed into a inlet though easy peasy.

Nice to have a saw that cuts straight, and within .010"

Anyway hope this helps someone. :cheers:

The hydmech v18 is likely the best saw made. Every part is thought out and not cost engineered. The upper guide assembly is special.
The vw18 that has “more” capability is a toy engineered by someone who shouldn’t be in industrial machine design.

Tigerstop is is my/would be my preferred light positioner/miter controller.

That's a damn nice looking saw. Does Hydmech make a mitering version of that saw or are they straight only?

Man that's fancy schmancy!
I bought an Amada HA-250 (used) a year and a half ago or so. The reason I went after that one is that they've made pretty much the same saw since the 70's. All relay logic. Not that I have anything against HMI's but they tend to become obsolete quick. Relays don't.

Man that's fancy schmancy!
I bought an Amada HA-250 (used) a year and a half ago or so. The reason I went after that one is that they've made pretty much the same saw since the 70's. All relay logic. Not that I have anything against HMI's but they tend to become obsolete quick. Relays don't.
I thought about ordering a replacement, and just chucking in storage. (still might)

But I was like, nah even if it only lasted a few years, I'll just buy another saw.

The low, low price of $55k, OUCH!
Looks like the H14-A has grown up since I bought mine 23 years ago. $24k back then. But my old beast can do most things your newer one can. Coolant pump quit because it sat idle and coolant turned to yukka-muckka with thick texture of somebody blowing chunks (smelled like it too). Pump burned out and its location in the machine has left me unable to motivate myself to fix it. But for past ten years has been fed a diet of small dia 12 foot bars, 5 at a time. And once managed to stuff some 40 foot H beams into it for stock racks. Cuts a lot of stuff that gets welded so I don't care if dry cutting shortens blade life.
8 years ago a battery thingy died in the PLC and I had to ship that back to them and they sorted it out. Machine does not owe me a dime.

Back