What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they're not stupid, they think WE'RE stupid.

And the sad part is, they're at least partially right. Tons of people who make 50K a year think that this is the way for them to save money on taxes, when in reality they'll be shouldering the burdens, and the rich get richer.

Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.
Way back in 1980, when that song came out, I had an argument about it with the lead singer of a punk rock band. She actually believed punk rock was going to change everything and it would never be the same. She is probably on SS now, and a tax hating libertarian. Some things never change.

When the GST (goods and services tax) was levied here in 2001 ,the states were required to drop all state taxes ,and instead use their share of the GST take .........to my knowledge ,no state tax in any state was dropped or even reduced......and the states set to squabbling over their cut of the GST.....every year there is a "Premiers Conference" and for two weeks the states fight ,slag off the federal govt,use political extortion ,and media stunts to get more money.

I suppose there are worse things to lose than a little income. 😬

"While police did not explain how the appendage arrived at the gas station, local reports say that surveillance video appeared to show it fall from a truck that had stopped to get fuel."

Why those people think they even have a dog in this hunt is beyond me. No rational person would ever advocate for just turning off the tap.

rump and his maga crew want to drive ss bankrupt and eliminate it. That call is why people collecting ss are worried. The pubtards are not too concerend with the fact that the usa budget has been broken for a week now. I think the government employees a should not receive backpay for work done with no budget in place. That would quickly get officials to deal with it.
Bill D

@Bill D

I believe you are mistaken sir.

"Former President Trump on Friday urged Republicans in Congress not to cut “a single penny” from Medicare or Social Security, a notable warning as some GOP lawmakers prepare to use the debt ceiling debate as leverage to try to secure spending cuts."

"Under no circumstances should Republicans vote to cut a single penny from Medicare or Social Security," ...
"Do not cut the benefits our seniors worked for and paid for their entire lives. Save Social Security. Don't destroy it!"

Trump's call to protect the two single largest federal spending programs could put him at odds with some House Republicans who have said they should not be off the table in budget talks.

Businesses at properties owned by the Trump Organization and President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner’s family reportedly received more than two dozen Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans worth more than $3.65 million.
A very small chunk of $ 5.4 billion, where did most of the money go?

It seems the FBI and IRS were asleep..or in on the cheating..

Last edited:
Ah. TDS for real, stay safe out there you maga-heads, try to stay in reality-land:

Ah, yes TDS is for real Rozen.
Seems the content of your posts show some type of infatuation with TDS.
Although you now have switched from glee over unvaxxed dying from covid to a interest in suicide inspired by election results.
Perhaps you notice the break room clearing out when you enter?

That's when folks are nuts enough to suicide when their former guy loses. Those at risk can be identified by huge, tattered signs in their yards. Sad really when reality flies out the window. (former guy) derangement syndrome.

Paul Ryan was the Congress person SE Wisconsin and was a real wordsmith regarding Conservative values and all such things but in my opinion he talked a lot but accomplished very little other than to feather his own nest (I believe his wife or wife's family had a lotta bucks)
But...even though I have little regard for the man he simply grabbed the money the Congress he served in voted in favor of.
Basically he did what most all those who serve in Congress or the Senate from both parties will eventually do---accomplish little that benefits us peons while at the same time leave public office wealthy.
"talked a lot but accomplished very little other than to feather his own nest"

I would say that is an apt description of most of the political class.

Considering the rate they are raising the age to collect SS and the age my grandparents died at I know I'll never see a dime of the money taken from me. I know I'm dying working. I'd much rather have the money to use now to live more comfortably.
IMO the younger folk who may never receive SS benefits should be not only encouraged to invest in retirement but should receive some kind of extra tax breaks as compensation when they eventually start to receive payouts upon retirement.

IMO the younger folk who may never receive SS benefits should be not only encouraged to invest in retirement but should receive some kind of extra tax breaks as compensation when they eventually start to receive payouts upon retirement.

I put 14% in my work funded Roth 401k, they match another 6%, so I've got 20% of my gross going to savings, and I fund my own Roth IRA as well.
Probably still won't be enough.

I put 14% in my work funded Roth 401k, they match another 6%, so I've got 20% of my gross going to savings, and I fund my own Roth IRA as well.
Probably still won't be enough.
It depends on how many years you have to retirement. I started with 2% pre-tax contribution and gradually increased. Every time I left an employer I rolled the money into well managed mutual funds. They have done quite well although they are currently down from a couple years ago as are many equity assets.

I love when they write garbage like this 😂

What the article wants you to think: "Trump took advantage of the PPP loans to feather the nests of his cronies."

What the article actually says:

"millions of dollars were given to businesses located at Trump Organization and Kushner Companies properties that pay rent to the two companies."

So the shareholders of a corporation are responsible for the actions of their customers?

This is a road you wanna go down? I'll be honest; I am a little disappointed. I did not peg you as the kool-aid drinking type.

No mention whatsoever about all of the useless non-profits that collected PPP loans... corporations owned by politicians of both the blue and red variety.

No mention of any other type of businesses that did not rehire employees either.

Nope, elections are only a year away. No time for the truth, they've got propaganda to spread.

Thanks for doing your part to aid in the information war Ries 🙄

"Nope, elections are only a year away."

And we are are fervently praying for the Former Guy to run as third party candidate! It will be Grand, I tell you, just Grand.

I love when they write garbage like this 😂

What the article wants you to think: "Trump took advantage of the PPP loans to feather the nests of his cronies."

What the article actually says:

"millions of dollars were given to businesses located at Trump Organization and Kushner Companies properties that pay rent to the two companies."

So the shareholders of a corporation are responsible for the actions of their customers?

This is a road you wanna go down? I'll be honest; I am a little disappointed. I did not peg you as the kool-aid drinking type.

No mention whatsoever about all of the useless non-profits that collected PPP loans... corporations owned by politicians of both the blue and red variety.

No mention of any other type of businesses that did not rehire employees either.

Nope, elections are only a year away. No time for the truth, they've got propaganda to spread.

Thanks for doing your part to aid in the information war Ries 🙄
kushner actually got loans.
Companies who pay trump to use his name got loans.
it trickled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back