What's new
What's new

I need a manual machinist for an outage!

You will NOT be making parts for the Pan Dynamic Turbo Encumbulator or the Flux Capacitor! All that shit is highly classified. The last guy we called in to work on that got garrotted by security in the parking lot when he left. I'm talking about face serration, polishing seating surfaces on valves, drilling out broken bolts, making tooling.....
Who knows what will walk in.
We lost one guy because he took a field machining job in France, another took a job in Brazil. A lot of jos out there for traveling machinist.
i_r_

I could do that...

Hmm... 4 weeks vacation in Texas + 40hr paychecks from home would be pretty decent... :D

How about member "PVAT" ?
He is looking for a job.

EDIT:Snow's coming in about (6) weeks around here....would make a nice exit to summer (like) weather.

Thanks for the shout-out, but I doubt I have the experience he needs. As it is, I just got done interviewing at the local scrap yard for a fabrication and maint. position. Normally I wouldn't want it, but they are offering 100% health paid, and it's only 10 minutes from home.

Average age for my guys is between 60-80, mostly retired guys. Best contractor I had, both manual and cnc, just busted out on urine test. I've got one guy that will be 80 in three months. 6 days a week, 12 hr shifts. Per dium. Best plant in the nation to get into the field. Summers off, collecting unemployment. $60-$100k plus a year.
Travel the nation with Crane Nuclear.
have fun
i_r

Well those ages certainly blow my mind. Is the 80 year old guy still working because he digs it or he has to work to live?

I'm 74, have been retired for 10 years and could not think about going back to work..it would probably kill me faster than you can say 'Covid'.

Stuart

People have approached me at times like this, and its hard to keep a straight face!
Well, we start everyone cleaning sumps, pay depends on experience, of course!

I have to start even lower because, I am ugly and have BO. Making the move to eliminate these great employers, was the best one!

Well those ages certainly blow my mind. Is the 80 year old guy still working because he digs it or he has to work to live?

I'm 74, have been retired for 10 years and could not think about going back to work..it would probably kill me faster than you can say 'Covid'.

Stuart

Best you stay home, then:

loki2# time Covid
ksh: Covid: not found
0m00.00s real 0m00.00s user 0m00.00s system
loki2#

That's "New York Minute" class fast...

Back