What's new
What's new

I need some parts made.

epdesign

Plastic
I’m at my wits end here. I have contacted every machine shop in my area to have these parts made and 3 of them just flat out said no the others said 3 to 6 months.

They are small parts / fittings in stainless or brass, something that won’t rust.

Yeah, post a print or even a hand sketch. No other way for us to know why those shops gave you the run around. Most of us are busy but I think most of us aren't 3-6 months busy.

I’m at my wits end here. I have contacted every machine shop in my area to have these parts made and 3 of them just flat out said no the others said 3 to 6 months.

They are small parts / fittings in stainless or brass, something that won’t rust.
Can you send me a sketch or better yet a STEP file.

This is a rough idea of what I’m looking for I actually had these made as a sample but I sent them to a shop to have them made and it never happened and the parts were never returned

Attachments

• IMG_4981.png
    IMG_4981.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 167
What kind of quantity are you looking to buy?
I need to do a sample set than it would be for my first batch 32 mail fittings 16 female fittings and 8 flat caps and 8 caps that come to a point like a 45° you can see one of the cos in the picture I would want the same thing but the cap comes to a point

Well, yet one more thing - what size? (Major OD or Hex size? Metric?)

Are those 3/16"?
Maybe they are 3/4"?
Could be 1-1/4"?

It's not going to matter all THAT much with your volumes, but it is still a concern as per pricing, but also for machine size/capacity.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

This is a rough idea of what I’m looking for I actually had these made as a sample but I sent them to a shop to have them made and it never happened and the parts were never returned

Their simple parts to make. I can't see a reason that nobody wants to make those parts

Are you like one of my customers
" i don't have much money so don't overcharge me"
"shouldn't need to charge too much I know their easy parts"
"look, it's 30 sets now, but it'll be 500 sets a years after that, so I expect you to sharpen the pencil"
"I see you already have stock on the rack so your not going to charge me for material?"

This was from a customer yesterday (from the Engineer, not the Buyer. (The Buyer's going to shove a 1" reamer up his jacksy when he reads that e-mail Wednesday morning))
"Could we get a 10% discount? I'm thinking you probably have the stock already"
I politely declined

See, here is why you need drawings, any sort of drawings, who cares if the part goes missing then, you have the drawings which are the specs to make it

hell even hand drawn with required specs is better then nothing...

Their simple parts to make. I can't see a reason that nobody wants to make those parts

Are you like one of my customers
" i don't have much money so don't overcharge me"
"shouldn't need to charge too much I know their easy parts"
"look, it's 30 sets now, but it'll be 500 sets a years after that, so I expect you to sharpen the pencil"
"I see you already have stock on the rack so your not going to charge me for material?"

This was from a customer yesterday (from the Engineer, not the Buyer. (The Buyer's going to shove a 1" reamer up his jacksy when he reads that e-mail Wednesday morning))
"Could we get a 10% discount? I'm thinking you probably have the stock already"
I politely declined

I get both sides of this coin, I've estimated for shops and also acted as a purchasing agent - but sometimes they *are* getting overcharged. I always got multiple quotes for that reason whenever subbing anything out. I've gotten quotes from a CNC shop that I thought were high, asked about them and been told it was the best they could do. Then later made the parts *on a manual machine* myself and at the original price would have been able to make $100 an hour.

I know that you're talking about something/someone completely different though.

Back