What's new
What's new

i present for your amusement: this weeks boneheaded move. a stuck albrecht catastroph

Have a look at a Llambrich "Hybrid".

Hybrid : Llambrich

LOVE mine! John Welden twigged PM to it, several years ago!

There's even a Chinese copy, its even well made, and it even actually works. DAMHIKT!

But COVID and all sorta saturated the market for Chinese exports, so I have ceased buying Chinese goods temporarily. About 40 years should see me out?

What ever happened to John Weldon?

Hey...

Hi guys... I feel stupid breaking into this discussion, but I am struggling trying to find out HOW to make a NEW posting for some help I'm looking for with a quick change gear box on my 10" Logan. I've searched high and low, used the FAQ and still cannot find how to post a call for help. Can someone reading this reply let me know HOW one starts a new post/thread. Sorry for being so stupid.

i think you can start a thread only after a certain number of posts. someone might know how many.

What ever happened to John Weldon?

He took his ball and went home.

I don't recall exactly what drove it, but he decided he was better off without the razzing he got here (I think they were making fun of him flying kites for fun?) and he just quit logging in. Shame, because I really enjoyed his posts.

Hi guys... I feel stupid breaking into this discussion, but I am struggling trying to find out HOW to make a NEW posting for some help I'm looking for with a quick change gear box on my 10" Logan. I've searched high and low, used the FAQ and still cannot find how to post a call for help. Can someone reading this reply let me know HOW one starts a new post/thread. Sorry for being so stupid.

Does this help? You should be able to start a new thread right away. (Most spammers come in like that.......:rolleyes5:)

2020-09-18 08_04_28.jpg

He took his ball and went home.

I don't recall exactly what drove it, but he decided he was better off without the razzing he got here (I think they were making fun of him flying kites for fun?) and he just quit logging in. Shame, because I really enjoyed his posts.

yup..
we got into it many, many times but ultimately came away having both learned something. dude is smart af and has a lot to say that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooo that sux..... don't feel too bad, we all have days like that. One time I sat at a stop sign and waited for it to turn green.

Parting tools: have you ever used 2 whole boxes of inserts in 10 days on the same 2 parts? :bawling:

Only when I didn't see the "M04" instead of "M03."

Vangard

We've all been there.

As an apprentice I stuck a dry, too clean #9 B&S cutter in a mill spindle and spent a full day doing all the usual nonsense

Eventually I had to drill it out with carbide, slew the head to 1/2 the included angle of the taper and bore the rest out. Note to self do not clean B&S tapers and tooling with Acetone. It's all about recovery and fixing mistakes.

And "take solace in knowin: It all pales next to the guy in a nearby city (name withheld) who bored the spindle out of a perfectly fine DS&G lathe while chatting up the boss... now that's a VERY VERY BAD DAY where no graceful recovery is possible.

Back