What's new
What's new

I stopped advertising on Machineseeker

After they raized their prices with 25% once more I finally pulled my machines from Machineseeker.com (Maschinensucher.de)
Although the responses I got from them were on a decline
Last year I was refused a new contract with 25machines instead of the 50 machine contract I have now (I have only 25 machines or less on it ) For reassons of the hits I got with google (They advertise a lott on google)
But today,after I gave notice, al of a sudden it could be done
Those kind of things get me steaming
I cleared all my machines myself and told them Nodeal

So now I am at a point where to look for advertising or SEO
Any sugestions from this board ???

After they raized their prices with 25% once more I finally pulled my machines from Machineseeker.com (Maschinensucher.de)
Although the responses I got from them were on a decline
Last year I was refused a new contract with 25machines instead of the 50 machine contract I have now (I have only 25 machines or less on it ) For reassons of the hits I got with google (They advertise a lott on google)
But today,after I gave notice, al of a sudden it could be done
Those kind of things get me steaming
I cleared all my machines myself and told them Nodeal

So now I am at a point where to look for advertising or SEO
Any sugestions from this board ???
Have you looked into ad buys on Google or Bing? Any forums like this in Europe that you could advertise on?

Have you looked into ad buys on Google or Bing? Any forums like this in Europe that you could advertise on?
I look into buying google ads
But the problem is I sell worldwide making it expencive
No forums that I know of
I am investigating social media a bit It has some effects but is laborintensive also
And I do not like the chaotic way these media work

I hate Maschinensucher. Total scumbags.
Maschinensucher started great, I think done by one Torsten Muschler.
5 machines were free to advertise for private persons.
Business rates were reasonable.
Then he was bought out by someone (who?) seeing the platform as a potential cash cow due to its almost stand-alone position.
Fees were raised, the site was re-vamped, the search function made useless (at least for me), fees raised again, the some more fee raising, followed by a doubling of the fees. Private persons not wanted. Very very aggressive advertising on google and Kleinanzeigen. But now they sponsored 'sports', some dutch darts guy, WTF do I care? They must have really spent some money on advertising in all the wrong directions.
Then they doubled the fees.
In the end of course its just scumbags in a scumbag business. This can be easily recognized by the fact that the vast majority of offerings have no price given. This is a clear tell of rip-off artists abounding.

This reminds me of driving around Boaz, Alabama, with a female friend of mine, looking to buy her a used car. Boaz is the car dump of the US. Hundreds of dealers along the highway with tens of thousands of cars. But no price anywhere on any car! Just big signs in each windshield with the leasing rates! Friend went back later without me and bought a cheap van without spare tire and suspicious beach sand in the dashboard.
I guess those are the customers they are waiting for. This was not long after Katrina.

Haven't sold anything on Ebay in a long time, since they raised final value fee again. It's about 12.9% now I believe. Even thought I pay about $26 monthly for some kind of Ebay membership my FVF still comes to almost 12%

When they (Eay) stopped using paypal and sent the money straight to the bank account they raised the final value fee, such that it was greater than Paypal's transaction fee. Ebay is really gouging now.

Many Auction Houses' Buyer's Premium is also gouging ; ranging anywhere fro 18% to 25% . What's even worse is the ridiculous price gouging by some riggers.

With the big tech layoffs I kinda hope companies will realise why us ol farts arent giving them as much money...The light at the end of the tunnel might be Elons X app. remember he started paypal and sold it ....

With the big tech layoffs I kinda hope companies will realise why us ol farts arent giving them as much money...The light at the end of the tunnel might be Elons X app. remember he started paypal and sold it ....

He didn’t start Paypal. Like every other company he’s involved with and his BS degrees, he bought his way in with daddy’s slave trade money. He’s been lying about his credentials for 27 years.

I'd go for free, local marketplaces, ebay-kleinanzeigen, tutti.ch..., at least for big machinery below 5'000€.
No point in buying a cheap machine 1000km away, if the truck costs like twice for what you paid for the machine.
If you go local, 50-150km range, you can go to your favorite construction company, ask them when they have a delivery around the area again and get the machine delivered for cheap on the way back, as long as their truck crane can lift it. (about 5-6t from what I know in my case)

Shipping is not a problem here in Europe With tailgateservice we can go op to 1500kg of weight Typicly within Europe all transport is under €400 Just strapped on a sturdy pallets I have had little problems
Most of my machines are above €5000,-though

Back