What's new
What's new

Identity kennedy tool box

Yes, hardware stores or places like McMaster will probably have suitable locks.

But is the rest of the locking mechanism present and functional. There is no sense in adding a lock if it only locks one drawer - or none.

Old Kennedy boxes, what else did you want to know? You can probably find a suitable lock at the hardware store.

Just painted a chest and roller drawer with color matched brown Imron paint.
The top chest has a lock with a number stamped on it: K1248. It has a hook end with a length of 13/16
The roller cabinet has a lock with number: K1409. It has a straight flat blade end with a length 0f 1 3/8.

The style number of the roller cabinet is: 273-326396

Last edited:
The locks fit in a .750 diameter hole. The picture shows them in the locked position. They are held in place with U shaped spring.
The top lock could be created from the bottom very easily.

DSC_1268.jpg

Kennedy has replacement locks at only 3X the price you'd pay if you bought it off the internet.

jack vines
For their price, Kennedy will supply locks that both take the same key and can even supply locks that use the same key as your other Kennedy chest, should you wish.

When I was buying multiple Kennedy items years ago, I would have them install new locks with the same key number as my previous purchases, or take the locks from the new purchases to the factory store and trade for locks with my key number. In more recent years, I see that they have high security cylindrical key locks available for at least some items

Larry

Kennedy carts have a sticker on the inside of the right side of the top drawer.

Can you show a picture of the rolling cart right side, the handle looks custom made.
The Kennedy drawer design is the same as the old Craftsman. It's ok until you start loading up some heavy stuff.
Then I wish for roller bearings rather than the Kennedy/Craftsman way of metal on metal.

At Western Tool in San Jose there is a Kennedy stainless steel rolling cart for over 1K sitting in the will call area.
It's been sitting there for years waiting for a buyer. Maybe I will look at it again.

Last edited:

Back