What's new
What's new

In need of 7/32 od by 50' long stainless rod

Mcfish

Aluminum
I'm in need of a stainless rod that is 7/32 od by 50' long. Does anyone have any places in mind that I can contact to see if it's available? I'm not having any luck.

Thanks

I am sure that would be a custom.
My first call would be to Carpenter.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

What alloy of SS are you trying to find?
Honestly, it doesn't matter. What matters the most is 50' long.

I'm finding an alternative that the customer will tolerate (O1 drill rod), but they're 12' long. The problem is if I go that route they would have have to screw together perfectly to make the 50' continuous length. There can be no edges whatsoever.

I'm in need of a stainless rod that is 7/32 od by 50' long. Does anyone have any places in mind that I can contact to see if it's available? I'm not having any luck.

Thanks
Look into standing rod rigging for sailboats. 50 feet shouldn't be a problem. What ever you find you'll be buying straightened wire off a roll. Cold heading shops might also be a place to look, perhaps they could straighten a section of wire for you.

Reactions: Ox
Not if you recoil it. it will spring back. We coil bigger dia Nitronic 50 wire to a 4 foot coil.
Interested exactly this on the other thread where the OP was asking. Definitely worth calling to rigging suppliers, Navtec may have leads where they can buy the wire.

Interested exactly this on the other thread where the OP was asking. Definitely worth calling to rigging suppliers, Navtec may have leads where they can buy the wire.
I'll be checking on this. This vendor is aerospace so $$$$ is low on the list of priorities. They need it and are willing to pay what it takes.

Reactions: JPD
I'll be checking on this. This vendor is aerospace so $$$$ is low on the list of priorities. They need it and are willing to pay what it takes.
Well, yachting is certainly into aerospace budgets, so be forewarned! It’s a good product, will probably work for your needs.

Back