What's new
What's new

INDEX645 SADDLE

Brandon00r

Plastic
Hay guys I'm new to this site and have built a new building in my back yard and am acquiring machining equipment and I bought a Index 645 from a guy that the saddle had been broken and unrepairable but the rest of the mill is it great shape with very very little wear on the ways and spindle but I need to locate a new saddle for it and I purchased this machine for only a few hundred dollars so I am willing to take a risk refurbishing it for my own shop that I am trying to get started, I worked for bell helicopter as a machinist ending in 2001 after a back injury but have vast knowledge in production machining, plastic injection mold ,engine machining cnc ,and am trying to get back into it as a job shop small scale just me so I'm slowly building my equipment selection of Debt free equipment because things are starting to look dimmer and dimmer in trying to make it in the country we live in today when there is unlimited money's for thee but none for we any help with locating a saddle for this machine would be very appreciated and would be willing to drive wherever to pick it up from My location is northern part of Indiana by Lafayette Thanks guys and God bless

Attachments

• 20231115_151208.jpg
    20231115_151208.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20231115_151153.jpg
    20231115_151153.jpg
    910.7 KB · Views: 14
To me the logical place to start is a full disassembly of the machine to see what the problem actually is.

If finances are important you are not going to want to buy new parts, even if they are available.
Just do a good evaluation of the issues and then find a way to repair it (unless you happen to find someone with parting out a machine but that seems like a long shot)

Luke

I would worry about the event that caused the saddle to break. That would take a lot of force! Is there hidden damage to other parts of the machine?

I would worry about the event that caused the saddle to break. That would take a lot of force! Is there hidden damage to other parts of the machine?
good point, how in the world does one break a saddle? Dropping the machine perhaps.

Back