What's new
What's new

Integrex air leak

fernjul

Plastic
Hi everyone,

Need your help. Just bought an Integrex 200Y. There is a constant large air leak under the z axis screw nut. It’s so large that it keeps the 5hp air compressor running almost constantly.

Is it supposed to work this way? Is there a solenoid valve that might be stuck on? (I can’t find the air source)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!IMG_5078.jpeg

Continuing: I traced the 15 psi hose to a tiny hose that tees into a line which then leads to the ball screw.
I am wondering what to do. Maybe buy a tiny air compressor that only supplies air to this circuit? I’ve read on other posts that there are small and efficient air compressors that may do the trick.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!IMG_5095.jpeg

Well I'm giving up for the moment. It runs and that is what's important... Just need to quiet down the air compressor. Any tips would be appreciated!

Looking at your photo, it's out of focus and kind of dark, not easy to figure out what I'm looking at.

Is that a broken fourth way on that tee? Or maybe it was a flow restrictor? Either way I haven't seen one with that layout before, but again it's hard to see clearly in the photo.

If that's a mounting post it looks awfully close to the actual passage in the tee.

In any case I can't imagine it's meant to be like that. If it was an exhaust I'd expect there to at least be a silencer on it. Have you taken the tee off to see if it isn't just cracked or broken?

What on the machine is this air feeding?

Back