What's new
What's new

Integrex and 2nd spindle as tailstock

M Code

Aluminum
We have Integrex machine with sub-spindle that come with W-axis thrust feature which can works as either live/dead center.

I don’t have experience on that so my plan is to work with that as dead center where RB54= bit 0

Just to ask regarding the way to attach the center to chuck:
  • Soft jaws to be machined.
  • Dead Center + Morse Taper Bushing
  • (Dead Center + Morse Taper Bushing) will be attached to the 2nd spindle on the machine jaws.
Is that the way?

The way I do it is to grab a piece of 4140 prehard stock and chuck it up in hard jaws, then machine a 60° center on the end of the stock. Anytime I need to use it again, I just true up the 60° angle.

Attachments

• 20220912_033512_resized.jpg
    20220912_033512_resized.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 8
The way I do it is to grab a piece of 4140 prehard stock and chuck it up in hard jaws, then machine a 60° center on the end of the stock. Anytime I need to use it again, I just true up the 60° angle.
That's really good to know. what about the accuracy with that way? is it helpful when machining accurate parts?

Accuracy is the reason to true up the center. Runout is zero after machining the 60° angle in the machine. Retrue the center the next time you set it up. Just push the the foot pedal for head 2 out of the way so you do not accidentally open the chuck.

I machined a step on the barstock so the tailstock thrust does not slide the bar into the chuck.

I'm running an Integrex i-400s with the tailstock option. Sync the spindles and go.

Back