What's new
What's new

Is there a way to tune torque sensitivity on drives on Nakamura TW-10 with Fanuc 16TT controler?

NASTYZEN

Plastic
Hello all,
Is there a way to crank up the sensitivity on drives?
I've had a part not ejecting out of the sub spindle and then crashing into the main throwing both out of alignment...
I rapid the sub to one inch of the stub then slowfeed to pickup.
So it's a slow crash more like a hydraulic ram.. actually bent the part about 65deg before alarming out.My other machine goes into alarm if I sneeze loudly.

I would first look in your manual to see if Nakamura gave you an M-code or other method to allow for this. They should have. If not, you can try the method discussed in the thread linked below.

No M codes but looks like I have a G31.Hope it's active in the machine.
I need to read these a couple of times more to get my head around it all.
Looks to be what I need to stop the thing crashing.
You would think there would be a setting in the ladder for this. After all, the big feature for this machine is the transfer capability?
On my way to remove all the panels and re align the spindles, again.
Thank you much WMPY you rock!

Nakamura is a decent builder and has done main and sub spindle machines for ages. Isn’t there something in their operation or programming manuals regarding safe part transfer techniques.

Yes used but all new rails and ballscrews. Funny, I bought the machine in Vancouver and had it trucked across the country. LoL!
I have minimal all around photocopied instruction manual.
It actually has three pages on transferring but nothing on G31
anywhere in the book. I have Yellow Fanuc Operators manual for 16i-MA with nothing I could find ether.

You should try to at least find the 16iTT operation manual and maybe see if Nakamura could provide a programming manual. Even if you have to pay, it would be worth it. With more complex machines comes more complex and builder configurable programming and operating requirements.

-axHello all,
Is there a way to crank up the sensitivity on drives?
I've had a part not ejecting out of the sub spindle and then crashing into the main throwing both out of alignment...
I rapid the sub to one inch of the stub then slowfeed to pickup.
So it's a slow crash more like a hydraulic ram.. actually bent the part about 65deg before alarming out.My other machine goes into alarm if I sneeze loudly.

Fanuc provides an adjustment for max torque for all axes in parameter 2104. You can try lowering the max value for your particular axis to see if you can get the results you want. You'll need to be on the "side" you're trying to change.

Only thing I'd worry about is getting the B-axis too low and causing a fault when taking a heavy cut on the B-axis as the drive holds the B in place during machining.

Write the number down that's in that parameter before you start, and remember the bigger the value the more torque it takes to trigger it.

Thanks for your input.
On my machine it seems to be parameter 2040. G31 is available in my controller.
Running it without for now. Jobs gotta get done.
I should be getting a copy of the 16-TT programming manual soon and will update on what it takes to accomplish this safety option.

Reactions: Ox

Back