What's new
What's new

Is this leg to high?

I finished the balancing tonight. My capacitor values were 10uf between the 2 legs going into the idler motor. 110uf between A and C coming out of the motor and 90uf between C and B coming out of the motor. My voltages between legs was 250,250 and 247. The idler is a 15hp.
The 10uf capacitor is going to change the power factor. In the business the A, B, C is called L1, L2, L3.

Look out for a motor that won't start when spun down to a certain clock position. Like a dead zone.
I experienced it in my RPC development period. Don't even like to think about it because there is nothing you can do to fix it.

Last edited:
I'll watch out for that. I'm still worried that the voltages are to high. I'm trying to contact the cnc tech at clausing to see what they say about it but no luck so far. I'm going to look at a 3 phase transformer tomorrow. Hopefully it has the correct taps.

I ended up buying a used 3 phase transformer from an industrial resale company. I hooked it up and now have 240,240 and 239 volts coming out of the transformer. After hooking it up to the machine I checked for hydraulic pressure spindle rotation and coolant flow. They all seemed correct.
I just want to say thank you again for everyone's help.

Back