What's new
What's new

Iscar DO-GRIP Inserts

jhov

Cast Iron
I have an Iscar DO-GRIP HGFH 32-3 grooving/parting blade that came with a machine and I'm looking for inserts. Iscar's website says it takes 3mm wide HGN and GRIP inserts. A quick search and these appear to be quite expensive and uncommon, are there any cheaper alternatives that fit (DGN, MGN, etc)?

Not that I know of. The grip inserts are pretty good for turning as well using the full radius 3030 insert in your case. I use them on my smaller kia lathe as a versatile grooving,parting,turning that never leaves the turret. The inserts are pricey. I think they also take the HFF inserts that are not recommended for turning but only grooving.

I have an Iscar DO-GRIP HGFH 32-3 grooving/parting blade that came with a machine and I'm looking for inserts. Iscar's website says it takes 3mm wide HGN and GRIP inserts. A quick search and these appear to be quite expensive and uncommon, are there any cheaper alternatives that fit (DGN, MGN, etc)?
most parting inserts are in the $20-30 typically, no getting around it. its never a cnmg price due to volume produced and sold in a year.

Back