What's new
What's new

Issue with Softkeys and External Keyboard of SIEMENS 840D

creamroll

Plastic
Hi. We have a new CNC milling machine with Siemens Sinumerik 840D controller... Everything was working fine until I changed the date in HMI. Previous date was in year 1996. I changed it to current year and as soon as I okayed the date change, the Sinumerik's softkey panel stopped working. Only the mouse keys were functional. I tried changing the date back by copying and pasting through mouse keys.. but now instead of accepting year 1996 as the date, a notification came over the box that range is from 2000 to 2037 only which is pretty weird because moments ago, the system's date was year 1996.

So now, I tried using an external keyboard via usb port. It didn't work either. Then i attached a mouse instead and sure enough it was working. What could be the issue here?? I haven't been able to find anything like this over the internet.

the only thing I would think of if you somehow messed with the serial port parameters somehow.
I'm pretty sure the softkeys/screen keys interface with the serial port. the usb is not going to be used in dos, maybe the bios may recognize something in the usb ports but I doubt the os has any usb drivers/support. my standard keyboard plugs into a ps/2 port.

the only thing I would think of if you somehow messed with the serial port parameters somehow.
I'm pretty sure the softkeys/screen keys interface with the serial port. the usb is not going to be used in dos, maybe the bios may recognize something in the usb ports but I doubt the os has any usb drivers/support. my standard keyboard plugs into a ps/2 port.
Hi.. but why did it happen immediately when I changed date and time?

Could I reset HMI module? Are there any risks involved which I should consider before resetting HMI

Back