What's new
What's new

Japanese Industrial Standards?

Ries

Diamond
I am trying to make a replacement gear for an obsolete japanese tractor, and new or used parts seem to be unavailable.

I have found a proper sized metric gear, but off the shelf, it came with a standard 1/2" round bore.

My problem is that I need a bore cut in it to fit a 13 pin involute spline- which is an oddball japanese "standard".
Standard in Japan, I guess- not sure if Kubota also uses this, but Yanmar sure does.

I cannot find the JIS standard online anywhere- at least, not for free- JIS will sell it to me, for quite a bit of money.

I need to find the actual standard, so I can convey it to my wire edm guy, who is willing to cut the right shaped hole, but only if he doesnt have to reinvent all the geometry. Which I wouldnt want to pay him to do anyway.

The standard is JIS D 2001: 1959 (FLAT ROOT SIDE FIT, Backlash 0.06~0.15)
Which may or may not have been superseded by JIS B 1603, which, theoretically, in the addendum, shows the now obsolete 20 degree pressure angle for my 24.67 mm 13 pin spline.

So, my question is- does anybody have a copy of this, or know where I can find one online?

The most basic info is shown here-http://www.qtcgears.com/KHK/newgears/KHK320.html
but not enough for my edm guy to feed in the parameters for his CAD program.

Back