What's new
What's new

Job shop in Canada

The pics of mine and Hal's mahos are both taken with the vertical milling attachment in place.
To show the horizontal, Ross' Deckels are the only pics I can think of, Deckels are a sister machine - (It actually was Deckel/Maho at one time)...
here's two pics of one of
Ross' <a href="http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Miller151E.JPG" target="_blank">
Deckels</a>

That is a big part to machine! :eek:

So far all of my individual parts have been small enough to carry with one hand.

Is what looks like a really old NC controller part of the machine ?? :confused: I notice the model name is FP4NC which sugests to me that it is. So I just want to make sure

Dimitri

So far all of my individual parts have been small enough to carry with one hand.

Is what looks like a really old NC controller part of the machine ?? :confused: I notice the model name is FP4NC which sugests to me that it is. So I just want to make sure

Dimitri

Dimitri

Yes, young man, the machines, like us owners are getting older.

Check out Ross' posts in the Deckel/Maho/etc forum. He's completely rebuilding one. Scraping the ways, etc. Beautiful shop.

Check out Ross' posts in the Deckel/Maho/etc forum. He's completely rebuilding one. Scraping the ways, etc. Beautiful shop.

Sam,

They look like good well built machines from the pictures of them on the Maho sub-forum
Althought they are old they look better then some of the pictures I see of more "modern" machines in the market. "They just dont build them like they used to anymore" I guess.

Going to have to check these machines out more tommorrow and learn alittle about NC programming (assuming its not the same G-Code for modern CNC machines which I find fun manually programming for). :D

Jamie,

Thats funny :D

Dimitri

Sam,

They look like good well built machines from the pictures of them on the Maho sub-forum
Althought they are old they look better then some of the pictures I see of more "modern" machines in the market. "They just dont build them like they used to anymore" I guess.

Going to have to check these machines out more tommorrow and learn alittle about NC programming (assuming its not the same G-Code for modern CNC machines which I find fun manually programming for). :D

Jamie,

Dimitri

Sam,

Jamie,

Dimitri

Most use regular G code.
Mine doesn't.. damit
Mine was a special, or a cheapy..

But.. my main business is automated machinery. So, if it breaks, or when I have time, the control will be upgraded.

Most use regular G code.
Mine doesn't.. damit

But.. my main business is automated machinery. So, if it breaks, or when I have time, the control will be upgraded.

Most use regular G code.
Mine doesn't.. damit

I dont work in a shop yet I just work in the schools shop :( Going to have to start sending out resumes in a few months for work after college though

Dimitri

Back