What's new
What's new

just powered up new to me Hercules Ajax 14x60 with RPC. having a problem.

but all these electrical components are over my head.
What "all these ..."
The two white blocks and the black block are essentially same thing, a contact relay with a energize coil.
And then the transformer and some switches. With that nice schematic you are in hog city.
 
Last edited:
From looking at the diagram you posted, and assuming that the wiring has not been changed from that, the pass-through wires should go to "R" and "T", with "S" being th
JST, you got it right. running so smooth. ran it thru all the speeds. less gear noise than I thought there would be after reading about these Japanese machines. the high speeds are very smooth and quiet.

not sure why yet but both of the forward and reverse levers are running the chuck backwards. up on both is marked forward but runs it backward and vice versa. thank you so much.
 
had to order a belt. the other 3 look new. hopefully the tensioning idler will keep the new belt from being wacky.
 
Flip the R and T pass through wires to change the motor direction. Also check the coolant pump direction if you use it.
 
Flip the R and T pass through wires to change the motor direction. Also check the coolant pump direction if you use it.
thanks! I was just reading this on google. assume I can do this with the service cord connection inside the lathe.
 
It's three phase, that's kind of to be expected. There's six possible combinations (RST, TRS TRS clockwise, RTS, SRT, TSR CCW) and because you need the generated leg in a particular place and you need the right rotation, only one of the six will work.
 
thank you to all for helping with this machine. got some CSX ebay stuff today. dwarfs the AXA tools I've been using.
 
Well, what do you know, I also have to say thanks to those who helped troubleshoot this problem, and to devrep for posting about it. A couple days ago I connected a 7.5hp, 3 phase motor to an RPC and was experiencing pretty much the same symptoms as devrep. I got lucky, because I decided to have a look in this forum, found this thread near the top, and checked my wiring to find the manufactured leg going to the primary of my control power transformer. When I swapped it to the other available leg, Bingo, problem gone! I likely would have spent a lot longer getting to the solution had I not stumbled upon this thread.
 
Well, what do you know, I also have to say thanks to those who helped troubleshoot this problem, and to devrep for posting about it. A couple days ago I connected a 7.5hp, 3 phase motor to an RPC and was experiencing pretty much the same symptoms as devrep. I got lucky, because I decided to have a look in this forum, found this thread near the top, and checked my wiring to find the manufactured leg going to the primary of my control power transformer. When I swapped it to the other available leg, Bingo, problem gone! I likely would have spent a lot longer getting to the solution had I not stumbled upon this thread.
awesome.
 








 
Back
Top