What's new
What's new

K&T s15

Winchesterguy

Plastic
Hey all, got a couple questions about a K&T s-15 vertical mill. This is at my place of employment and the power feed/rapids wont work. I’ve been tasked with fixing it tomorrow so I haven’t dove into it yet.Now this machine was bought in “good running condition”. The machine itself runs and the spindle turns, everything sounds good that way but the power feeds/rapids will not work at all. It’s been painted and hacked on and it’s missing tags and what not. Is there a switch or something we could be missing that engages another clutch for the power feed/rapids? Any sort of filters,lines, pickups or oil level i can check? Any advice is appreciated

Thanks for the advice, we dove into the mill several weeks back and found out that the motor was indeed spinning the wrong direction. Funny that the feeds and rapids would not work at all. Me not being an electrician led me to believe they would work but the opposite direction, evidently the feeds are driven via A clutch and will not move if the motor is running backwards.

Thanks for the advice, we dove into the mill several weeks back and found out that the motor was indeed spinning the wrong direction. Funny that the feeds and rapids would not work at all. Me not being an electrician led me to believe they would work but the opposite direction, evidently the feeds are driven via A clutch and will not move if the motor is running backwards.
My 415 S15 has a 2nd motor in the knee that drives a hydraulic pump that provides feeding power. The pump needs to spin in the proper direction.

Back