What's new
What's new

K&T Sales Info

johnoder

Diamond
Have the Model K and H catalog from the late thirties

Anyone note the late (1954) 2H vertical on Ebay? Has manual quill feed and swiveling head.

John

John- I think you get a gold-plated HSS tool bit for being the first one to post on this board. I think I get nothing for being the first one to reply

Rex

I see a 2H on Ebay (item #150057354982) but no "manual quill feed and swiveling head."?

I'd like to find a vertical swiveling head with quill feed to mount on my 2H.

John,

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 2HL vertical I got a few months back.It was perfect when I went to look at it and buy it.The shipping company dropped it while loading and I ended up getting it for only $100 bucks as a result.Just finished up a new leadscrew and table drive block.I also had to completely redo the crossfeed and elevation shafts as they got broken off at the front of the knee and then I had this stroke a couple of weeks ago and things just haven't been quite right since but I'll get it done come hell or high water.This will probably be my last one.Not associated with the ebay seller but I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them and they have always been fine folks to deal with.

The serial number book says it is a 2CHL vertical built in 1955, #4 in a lot of 10 machines. The CHL is later version of the 2HL with more distance between the quill and the table, larger tble screws, hydraulic table feeds, etc, and a heavier machine. There is also a 2HL vertical on ebay, #12 in a lot of 20, serial #4206 built in march 1943. This is listed under Milwaukee. Glad to see this site!! I'm a real fan of K&Ts. Curretly I have a 2CH and a 4H, both horizontals. The 4H was made in 1939 & is still in excellent conditon. Probably because it does not have rear controls so nobody liked to use it. I'm in the process of putting a 5HP Bridgeport style head on it with 40NT spindle. Should be the ultimate mill for me! I'll send some pictures along when it is done.

I have a K&T Milwaukee H2 serial number 12-3986 I'd like to know when it was built!It does have the hand feed on the quill and the head does swivel.It was given to me with a Surface Grinder.I've been buying NMTH 40 tool holder of e-bay along with some large face mills and endmills.Getting a little costly... :eek:

Interestingly enough I also have a K&T 2H Horizontal Serial #25-3519 which is supposed to be a 1942 machine, although it has an inspection plate stamped Norden Machinery 12/13/41.

I have been around this website for a few years but have never posted. With the addition of this new forum I can't hold back any longer.

I will post a picture soon.

J-head the serial # book says your machine was built in January 1942, #20 in a lot of 30 machines which included both plain and universal(swivel table) types. Looks like Norden Machinery was the original buyer.

I have a model 2H plain horizontal K&T that I bought from Craven collage in New Bern NC. I spent more on gas and trailer rent than for the mill. It seems to be in good condition, Missing 1 belt of three. Has a 1936 USN motor in it may have been in the navy. seral number 27-3692

Back