What's new
What's new

K& T Slotting Head oilers source?

Brandenberger

Hot Rolled
Hi,
I recently picked up a slotting head for my K&T 205sa. It is missing some oilers and
the remainder are damaged.

The originals were wick-type screw cap oil cups with 1/8" NPT threads (3 or 5 total).

Does anyone have a source for these which is reasonable?

McMaster has gits-type oilers which could work, but pricey ($27 each without wicks, or
$74 each with wicks!). Possibly grease screw type oilers might work too?

3 of the oilers are at various radial positions around the spindle-driven crank block, so depending on how
the slotter ram is oriented, one or more of the oilers would be pointed down, so it would be good if they didn't
leak a lot.

slotter.png

Good luck finding the oilers you need.. I have been collecting K&T stuff for over 25 years and can tell you that many of the Gits screw cap oilers are damaged or missing on older machines and that Gits has discontinued certain sizes that are abundant on the older machines... Unless you can improvise or find another unit that has the type oilers you want, you are pretty much out of luck... Cheers from Louisiana. Ramsay 1:)

Ramsay is dead on, very hard to find, we ended up machining some close to the original design oilers for one of our K&T, we used lantern wick.
I checked with Gits a few years ago for the small screw top press in oilers used extensively on the older Kearney and Trecker machines and was told they had been discontinued but they had about a dozen left at 24 dollars each... I got lucky some years back and found some NOS, but over the years, I have used them all... The larger one was still in production, but the smaller type, no dice...I have used the "toilet seat" oilers in a few places but like the original better.. Cheers from Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)

Back