What's new
What's new

K&T Vertical Head for Adcock & Shipley(Textron/Bridgeport) 1esg

tmoskwin

Plastic
Hi all,

I’ve been told and am starting to believe that finding an OEM vertical head for this machine is impossible. I have seen/heard people adapting a BP J head for vertical milling but was wondering if anyone knows if a vertical head from another manufacturer would bolt right on? I’ve seen K&T and Cincinnati #2 heads that LOOK like they’d work, but not sure how to go about figuring that out without buying one that may or may not line up. Thoughts, advice and criticisms all welcome.

Thanks!
Teddy

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion johnoder. Added a photo of the current setup. She’s a work in progress, but some good bones. Also forgot to mention it takes CAT40

Attachments

• 54753781-AB7B-47EC-897F-F36D13B4BBF7.jpeg
    54753781-AB7B-47EC-897F-F36D13B4BBF7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi all,

I’ve been told and am starting to believe that finding an OEM vertical head for this machine is impossible. I have seen/heard people adapting a BP J head for vertical milling but was wondering if anyone knows if a vertical head from another manufacturer would bolt right on? I’ve seen K&T and Cincinnati #2 heads that LOOK like they’d work, but not sure how to go about figuring that out without buying one that may or may not line up. Thoughts, advice and criticisms all welcome.

Thanks!
Teddy
Might help to say if the AS is a horizontal with the usual horizontal spindle? :)

Teddy,
I agree with Mark,
I've only run across one Adcock Shipley 1ES in 25 yrs, and I own it now. Move on to a true vertical mill and keep that fine machine set up for what it was intended for. Accessories for these older machines were out there 50 yrs ago but are nonexistent these days. Will send a PM sometime to see how things are going with your rehab project.
Johnny

When I was serving my time in the 1960’s the training school I attended had the milling section fully equipped with “ Adcock & Shipley “ machines. Nice machines, some of them even had the optical positioning systems.

Regards Tyrone

Back