What's new
What's new

Kaeser AirCenter - intermittent use for small shop ok?

I run a 5hp screw (dv air systems) for my vf2 and air gun.
The odd sandblasting in a small booth.

It’s absolute overkill for the one machine. Runs 30 seconds under load. Idles for 1 min. Does this every 6-7 min. I’ll run for a few days then it won’t run for a week. Absolute worst case for a screw. But 500 hours (in 2 years) and it’s fine.
Only reason I went screw is the volume. It’s located in my house basement with the main living room above it. Happy wife happy life right?
Luckily I’m in a area that’s usually 30% humidity max)

It’s nice having the xtra air for air blast on steel and it juuuuust pushed the Sandblaster enough.
But if it was not for noise I would went piston 100% no question.
Cheaper and better for Interminate use.
Keep it simple where ya can

I run a 5hp screw (dv air systems) for my vf2 and air gun.
The odd sandblasting in a small booth.

It’s absolute overkill for the one machine. Runs 30 seconds under load. Idles for 1 min. Does this every 6-7 min. I’ll run for a few days then it won’t run for a week. Absolute worst case for a screw. But 500 hours (in 2 years) and it’s fine.
Only reason I went screw is the volume. It’s located in my house basement with the main living room above it. Happy wife happy life right?
Luckily I’m in a area that’s usually 30% humidity max)

It’s nice having the xtra air for air blast on steel and it juuuuust pushed the Sandblaster enough.
But if it was not for noise I would went piston 100% no question.
Cheaper and better for Interminate use.
Keep it simple where ya can
Sitrling - got it. Yes, I think the SX5 has a claimed 63dB which is really quite low. Definitely has appeal. Good to know the occasional use hasn't been and issue. Appreciate the input.

Back