What's new
What's new

Kearny Trecker 1943 No. 2H Universal Parking Attachment for Vertical Head

USFeaddict

Plastic
I'm looking for a Parking Attachment/Bracket and Arm for a 2H Universal. I know this is probably a long shot but thought I would put this out there and see if anyone might have any leads.

Thanks again!

I'm looking for a Parking Attachment/Bracket and Arm for a 2H Universal. I know this is probably a long shot but thought I would put this out there and see if anyone might have any leads.

Thanks again!
I believe Abom 79 had an older utube video series of him building one. There are only a few utube people that I would copy a project from, but Abom79/ Adam Booth is a professional.
I know buying one is always better, but finding one is a long shot

They’re out there but you might end up buying a whole machine to get one. I bought a 2HL from HGR for the vertical head/drive gear, parking and crane attachments. It took a while but I stripped it and sold off all the pieces and broke even. I gave the $200 in scrap to a buddy that helped me. The mill was cheap...$600 loaded if I remember right.

I believe Abom 79 had an older utube video series of him building one. There are only a few utube people that I would copy a project from, but Abom79/ Adam Booth is a professional.
I know buying one is always better, but finding one is a long shot

Thanks for the reminder! I did see that build of the swing arm. He did a great job and is definitely a professional. I would copy his arm for sure if it comes to building my own. Using a cherry picker gets old real fast.

They’re out there but you might end up buying a whole machine to get one. I bought a 2HL from HGR for the vertical head/drive gear, parking and crane attachments. It took a while but I stripped it and sold off all the pieces and broke even. I gave the $200 in scrap to a buddy that helped me. The mill was cheap...$600 loaded if I remember right.
Thanks for the reply. I thought about that route but I actually have 2 already. The other one is a 2H plain that I bought just for the vertical and a few other parts. Not sure I'm up 3 but we'll see...lol

Parking attachments are nice, that said we built jibs above the mills in my home shop for both head change out as well as loading heavy material on to the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 41
Parking attachments are nice, that said we built jibs above the mills in my home shop for both head change out as well as loading heavy material on to the bed.
Beautiful K&T and shop you have there! I have been giving a jib crane build some serious thought. Much more practical than a dedicated parking attachment. However my little 2 car garage, aka shop, is vertically challenged. Not impossible tho. Thanks for the pic!

i'm in sebastopol-that's norcal too-and don't even KNOW anyone w/ that clean and nice a shop!-wow att'd find a rough idea of me...

Attachments

• shiz.jpg
    shiz.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 17
  • sid apart.jpg
    sid apart.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 17
There's a "middle ground" to that.

"Poor boy" jib crane:

My one was $79 - from a different importer - some years ago.

What isn't obvious is that:

- It comes apart or goes together in mere seconds, heaviest part only 11 pounds, avoir. and not all that heavy, even fully assembled.

- each of SEVERAL working locations only needs that plate and vertical tube attached - or a duplicate, cheaply fabbed and LEFT on that machine. Longer tube works, too, just mind the leverage, etc. if positioned 'taller'.

Not as nice as a store-bought "Skyhook", no.

But it is dirt-cheap, easily customized, light, handy, strong enough to manage my K&T all-angle head or slotter (Adam Booth carried BOTH, one in each hand when I bought them, but I am not he!).

Most weeks, it lives out of the way, but sets up and takes down really FAST when needed.

Even if "temporary" - tee-bolted to the table of the mill for easy 3-Axis fine positioning - until you can do better, it beats all Hell out of the big cherry-picker.

"What's not to like".. (beside the cuntry of origin...)

:D

"YMMV"
Thanks so much for the idea! I had thought about option a while back when exploring using one of those on my Bridgeport for 12” rotary table. Not sure about T bolting it to the table with the weight of that HD head cantilevered out so far. I might be concerned for nothing. Making a larger base plate could help distribute the load….🤔 Thanks again for the input!

"What's not to like".. (beside the cuntry of origin...) …lol

Thanks for the reply. I thought about that route but I actually have 2 already. The other one is a 2H plain that I bought just for the vertical and a few other parts. Not sure I'm up 3 but we'll see...lol
Hello: I got my 2hl from govt surplus and it is a war baby... Found a vertical head for it but as usual, no drive gear... I cut the gear with the machine.....Cheers Ramsay 1:)

Attachments

• 132189860_10223882310436330_4401030431379019196_n.jpg
    132189860_10223882310436330_4401030431379019196_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 12
Hello: I got my 2hl from govt surplus and it is a war baby... Found a vertical head for it but as usual, no drive gear... I cut the gear with the machine.....Cheers Ramsay 1:)
Nice pic, that’s awesome. I hope I can be making helical gears in the future. Have a conventional lead and dividing head. Not sure I have all the gears and only have one plate for the dividing head. My 2H Uni is a war baby too, crappy war finish and all.
Got the table off to address some issues and trying to diagnose why the power feed doesn’t work. The rapid does tho🤔
Cheers!

Back