What's new
What's new

Kimatura H400 15m - toolchanging and paramaters

I'll have a try at the toolchange and post the result but last time we ran the toolchanger, it was stuck in a loop where the atc would change the tool in an infinite loop. I was under the impression that a limit switch or ligth sensor was either stuck on or off.
Hello mat89DS1,
As I mentioned in an earlier Post, if your machine is similar to the H500 I looked after, if you get the Tool Change out of sequence, it can be a bear to get it sorted. A picture of the Control Panel would help. Accordingly, you should be cautious with regards to "having a try a the Tool Change", otherwise you may find yourself in deeper shit. Ensure that Counter Parameters are set correctly before attempting a Tool Change. These Counter parameters include the number of tools in the magazine, the current Spindle Tool number and the Tool at the Ready Position.

If your machine is the same, there is a rotary switch circa centre vertical at the RH side of the Control Panel. This switch is a recovery from out of sequence of the Tool Changer, but there were many situations where this feature didn't work.

There are a host of things that will cause this tool changer not to work, many of which can be diagnosed with the rotary switch mentioned above. Depending on whether the Tool Change command is to be for Tool Call and M06, Tool Call only, or M06 only (tool already in Ready Position), a different sequence of selection from the Rotary Switch would be required to light the execution button.

All of the proximity switches for the Tool Change mechanism (if they are original) will have LEDs to show their state; their state can also be seen in the Diagnostic Parameters, so your theory can be relatively, easily checked. Normally, the endless loop you've described, seldom is caused by a proximity switch. Normally a faulty Prox will result in a Time Out error of the control. An endless Tool Change Loop on this type of machine (if its the same as the H500) would be due to incorrect settings of the Tool Data for the PLC - number of tools - tool in the ready position, etc).

Regards,

Bill

Here's a few pics

Attachments

• PXL_20220906_124103368.jpg
    PXL_20220906_124103368.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20220906_124055712.jpg
    PXL_20220906_124055712.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 14
I would estimate that machine is a few years older than mine; it has a small CRT and small keyboard. I have a much larger keyboard with all the letters and larger full color LCD screen.

On my pc I only have this picture of the machine with control from when the riggers were moving it into place.

kita2.png

Here's a few pics
The switch indicated in the picture following is the Tool Change Recovery Switch.

Tool Change Recovery1.jpg

The labels around the switch relate to various components of the Tool Change Mechanism and in one of the manuals you may still have for the machine, there will be lists of label combinations that when the switch is turned to each label, the light in the button below the switch will either light up or not in accordance with the lists. From memory, there are two lists, one for if a tool has been pre-called to the ready position and the Tool Change command will only be M06, the other list is for when a tool hasn't been pre-called and the command will be a Tool Number and M06.

This switch can be used for diagnosing a problem by switching the switch to the various labels and comparing the status of the light in the button, with the list. Unless the light status for the switch labels match the status listed for each, attempting a Tool Change may result in the Tool Change mechanism getting well and truly out of sequence.

I still believe your issue is with Counter Parameters (Magazine Capacity Number, Spindle Tool Number, Pot Number at the Ready Position). All this information will be in manuals for the machine.

Regards,

Bill

That thing still has a tape reader!
What year is that machine?

These are box-way machines - right?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

That thing still has a tape reader!
What year is that machine?

These are box-way machines - right?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Hello Ox,
I can't make out the model of the control, so I can't say what year it is, but the machine itself didn't change much over quite a number of years. The machine I looked after had a Fanuc 10M control, so that would put that machine at circa mid 80's.

They're box ways and very solid machines.

Regards,

Bill

When zooming in, it still looks like a 15m like he mentioned in his post. But I wonder if it would be a 15m-a? Mine is ~1998, the build date on the ladder title page is 1997.

It appears to be "missing" a window compared to mine, and the tool changer sight glass/opening above spindle is a different shape than mine. Suggests to me that it is definitely earlier machine than mine.

OP, use caution when entering the counters I wrote. They are likely the same, with the ladder drawing saying that it was from the early 90's.

I see a picture of a manual there in your picture, it SHOULD say what the counters are and what they should be set to.

Hello everybody . I have a problem on my kitamura h400. I can't change the pallets. the memory of the machine has been lost. I put everything back but it doesn't work

Hello everybody . I have a problem on my kitamura h400. I can't change the pallets. the memory of the machine has been lost. I put everything back but it doesn't work
You might better describe what does happen. Any alarms? Does it start the program? Toolchange ok but pallet change not ok? What all did you “put back” after memory loss? Just saying “it doesn’t work” is too vague to provide a starting point to try and give advice.

Reactions: Ox
OK. for the tool change we have no problem. the parameters of the 9000 programs have been returned. for the change of pallets the door opens but the cycle remains there. but without alarm. We checked the electrical circuit and the hydraulic circuit. don't forget that we changed the graphics card

There is a param that you can change to allow you to single block - even through macro's, but apparently I have lost that note sheet somewhere. But that would seem to allow you to execute your routine, and see where it's hanging.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

How about your counters? 2nd button at the bottom.

On the line in the counters page that says "06 C20", the counter under "current" should be the number pallet you have inside the machine.

If you have pallet 1 in the machine (leftmost pallet when standing outside the pallet changer) then that counter value should be a 1.

I feel like yours is likely set to 0 right now.

If that doesn't work, post pics of all of your keepers, counters, and data. There are several pages of data.

There is probably a physical Pallet Door (not) Closed and Pallet Door Fully Open sensor. Have you verified that they've both been satisfied? The timer for that event to be satisfied may not exist or be set very long. Hence no alarm. How did you recover from the stalled Pallet Change? Or haven't you? Is there a Manual APC control page that was used? Can you use that to do a manual Pallet Change? The satisfactory execution of events (by FIN signals) will likely be evident on that page.

Just thinking in generic Pallet System actions

we checked all the sensors from dmg. there is no mechanical or electrical problem. Manual mode also doesn't work. the cycle stops after the release of the pallet on the outside.

we checked all the sensors from dmg.
Do you mean checked from Damage?

Have you owned this machine for some time and it was working perfectly before the Parameter loss, or is this whole thing new to you?

Did you raise the outside pallet with the switch in the picture? If so and it won't go further, perhaps it's waiting for a Pallet Unclamp verify signal. If you did use the switch, I'd say it's working and your problem is in missing verification signals.

Look in your parameter book for assigning M codes to Programs or Macros. Your backup file or MTB Operations Manual should list the M code used to call O9505. Once found you could try that in MDI. If not found you could assign your own. Or just bring up O9505 and run in it Memory/Auto Mode.

Last edited:

Back