What's new
What's new

Kitamura My2x APC Yasnac i80

precedm

Plastic
Good Evening. I just bought 2 very used Kitamura My2x with APC machines, '98 & '99.
Finally got one under power and naturally I've got a 1008 alarm, Spindle Servo alarm and a 1095, NC System Switch Not Zero. The previous owner said the spindle oil is low causing the 1008? Doesn't make sense and I never heard of a 1095 alarm.
Also, I have air blowing out a hole in the ring around the spindle nose. The manuals he had are for a My3, not sure how similar they are yet.
I have a call into Kitamura; haven't heard back yet.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jay.

As a follow up on this post.
I cleared the 1008 servo alarm. I reseated all the connectors on the drive unit. I then started pressing reset on the drive unit and could hear relays tripping. As I was wiggling the relays in the area of the tripping sound I must have reseated one and the drive clicked and stayed rest.
I am able to start the spindle now and perform a tool change and run a program.
I still have the 1095 alarm. I'll call Kitamura Monday and see what they say.
I haven't resolved the air coming out the ring around the spindle nose yet, still researching that.

Jay.

My 1x spindle uses 10cfm for the spindle air/oil lube. Is the air coming out of a hole just to the left of the spindle? That is the air exit port and the bottom bearings are about 1-1/2" from it so be REAL careful not to get contaminantes up it. My air cuts off 4 minutes after the spindle stops.

Hi Dave,
The air is exiting a hole directly behind the spindle. It is continuous and does not stop, ever.
The air pressure was set up near 0.85 MPa from the previous owner. I reduced it to < 0.6 MPa per Kitamura tech.
This didn't help. Maybe a solenoid is stuck open. They sat for 4 months in KY before I got them to SC.
Is there a brass sieve in the hole? Similar to a filter but lets air escape.

Also, the 1095 alarm has been resolved.
The JANCD-FC200 board stores programs and parameters. There's a small graduated dial. The dial has to be set to zero during normal operation. I powered down machine, let it sit for about 2 minutes, turned screw dial until one of the slots from the phillips socket lined up with zero and turned the power back on and the alarm was gone.
If you change this board you have to set the dial to some other number to load parameters, part programs and other data.

Thanks again for the help,
Jay.

On my spindle the 7mm hole is WIDE OPEN to the bearings and runs from the top to the bottom of the spindle. The only thing keeping chips out is the exhaust air. This hole is on the left side nearest the tool changer. I have since glued a deflector/cover over mine after having the spindle rebuilt. Be careful not to restrict the air coming out of the hole. You don't want all that oily exhaust air going into the head cavity at the top of the spindle. A stuck solenoid is quite possible. I know I have some that leak, but not bad enough to replace, and the air blast when changing tools solenoid takes a few cycles to free up after it sits awhile. Or it could be your machine doesn't have a timer to turn it off or the timer is stuck.

Beware of air in the oil side of the spindle oiler. These machines don't like to sit and air can cause the oiler to not get oil to the bearings, normally the top bearing as it has the least amount going to it. Normally the way you find out is by toasting that bearing. This is what one of the techs told me when I called them in Illinois. He also said the 4 hour warmup after it has been sitting for more than a week is real and is for the air/oil unit for the spindle.

Weird that the dial on the board was off. It is just part of the fun of figuring out what stupid shit the previous owner did to the machine and fixing it.

I heard that the dial on the FC200 board needs to be set to "2" in order to export the parameters. Maybe the previous owner backed up parameters before disconnecting the machine?

Thanks for the info.
I don't remember where it was set at.
That's definitely a possibility since the batteries are new as of 2021.
Probably lost the batteries and had to replace the parameters.

Jay.

Hello everyone first time posting on here after lurking for years. I have also just purchased a 1998 Kitamura Mycenter 1 APC. I am still in the process of cleaning it up and will be getting my rotary phase converter next week. I didn't quite realize that it had a bt35 until after we purchased it. I didn't get any manuals for this thing and have been trying to make sure I buy the right phase converter. Is your machine a 7.5 hp or 15hp? I found info on the the variable speed drive for it and it says it for a 5.5 kw spindle which is 7.5 hp but I'm just trying to make sure I get the right stuff. Any help would be appreciated. I was looking for a intro forum but have seen one. I can't wait to get my running and will be making sxs, dirt bike, motorcycle parts
and anything involving racing.

My 2001 1Xi has a 10hp spindle and I run it with a 10hp Phase Perfect without issue. You do know that it uses around 10 cfm of air I hope. You may get help with the manuals from Kitamura, but will have to purchase them or any parts through a distributor. Bummer about it being a 35 taper, that certainly reduces your options. How many KVA does the plate on the side say? Mine says 15.

The kva is only 11 and my air compressor should be fine but I been thinking about if I should get the machine it's own but I figured I would wait until it's up and running before deciding.

Hi Dave,
The air is exiting a hole directly behind the spindle. It is continuous and does not stop, ever.
The air pressure was set up near 0.85 MPa from the previous owner. I reduced it to < 0.6 MPa per Kitamura tech.
This didn't help. Maybe a solenoid is stuck open. They sat for 4 months in KY before I got them to SC.

The JANCD-FC200 board stores programs and parameters. There's a small graduated dial. The dial has to be set to zero during normal operation. I powered down machine, let it sit for about 2 minutes, turned screw dial until one of the slots from the phillips socket lined up with zero and turned the power back on and the alarm was gone.
If you change this board you have to set the dial to some other number to load parameters, part programs and other data.

Jay.

I just received a Mycenter 2x that also has this same issue of a LOT of air being consumed around spindle area even with no power.

Were you able to track down the reason on yours?

Tere is belt cooling air jet but I have located that solenoid yet.
If I understand the book there are only three air sources at the spindle:
1) oil/mister
2) belt cooling air
3) tool change air blast

-Tom P.

With all this talk of Kitamura air and oil info just thought I'd mention a useful Kitamura tidbit- M51 is through spindle air if your machine has TSC. TSA is damn useful with coolblast toolholders milling steel.

I would be annoyed if the spindle air did not turn off at all. However, with the extensive warmup cycles Kitamura's require, I find the spindle is almost always turning. If it's not turning I'm loading tools. It's not much of an issue.

You definitely need some air though! When I'm using TSA My 5X runs a pair of 20CFM compressors continuously. Whenever the spindle is on one compressor is cycling every few minutes on a 240 tank.

Oh, and install a drier! Do not feed these machines wet air. That would be incredibly bad. Mine has the air Z axis counterbalance system and the air spindle that will not tolerate damp air.

Im still going through this machine cleaning it up and checking it out but as far as I can tell it does not have TSA/TSC although it does have the balance cylinder. On the rear column above the tool change air solenoid bank is a spot with three allen screws and a two prong wire but nothing is there. I suspect this may have been the belt cooling or some other spindle related air supply that was bypassed. This is a 97 mycenter 2x.

Hi Dave,

Jay.
Hi Jay, I have a very similar machine to yours, a 97 2x with Yasnac. And like yours there is a constant large air "leak" in spindle area. Did you determine whats the reason on you machine?

Is the "leak" a single 7mm-ish hole in the spindle nose cap? Probably on the tool changer side. The narrower you can define "spindle area" the better our suggestions will get. When mine is just sitting 4 minutes after the spindle stops it doesn't use any air.

Im traveling currently. When I get back Ill crawl around the spindle and locate exactly where its coming from. Probably take a couple of pictures for reference.

Got time to start cleanup of the mycenter2x. The air is coming entirely from the spindle mister system. The air and oil lines come from mister box to right side of spindle housing where the mixing valve must be. (havent removed covers yet.)

But the mister air supply line has been modified.

It appears a solenoid was installed at some point. Ive attached a picture with pen pointing to the main air line that loops back and the allen screws with a wire nearby I suspect that was a mister air control solenoid.

mycenter-air-mist-bypass.JPG

Pulled of covers to clean and check oil lines. Found one leading to the Ythrust bearing broken.
Any suggestions for cleaning off petrified green coolant?? This stuff seems unfazed by simplegreen or wd40.

mycenter2_lube_lines-small.JPG

Back