What's new
What's new

KO Lee S718 dressing question and drive belt?

Haystack2.0

Plastic
Picked up a KO Lee S718 a few months back and finally got around to setting it up during Christmas shutdown. I am not completely unfamiliar with surface grinders, but consider me a beginner.

I am having dressing issue, I need a good dressed stone to grind my magnet back in.

My machine has a KO Lee guard mounted wheel dresser, it appears to be dressing at a slight enough angle only my lead in is touching the part. Multiple sparkout passes same result.

I’d like to be able to use the guard mounted dresser out of laziness/bad shoulder for excess cranking. But I need an area to start looking for slop/adjustment play with the gibs/ways on the dresser to try to accommodate the angle leftover. I added a picture of the dressing diamond below. It’s not VV1 princess cut by any means, but far better than I’ve seen in my shop experiences. The wheel picture shows contact after I dressed with a very rudimentary diamond hammer drill face in the grinding vise. It was smoother in relation to parrallel/perpendicular than the guard mounted one. I’ll try to get another picture/video with lower resolution than normal so it will upload.

I appreciate any and all help, a magnet mounted dresser that’s safe is on the list for the upcoming week.

I also need a new drive belt, just out of precaution. Everything else is in good shape, but would rather replace the belt now than need the machine and belt be popped.

Attachments

• C336F543-F551-4761-B03E-52AA3D729467.jpeg
    C336F543-F551-4761-B03E-52AA3D729467.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DECD0FB4-6412-4910-B0CC-300DDC50E022.jpeg
    DECD0FB4-6412-4910-B0CC-300DDC50E022.jpeg
    923 KB · Views: 6
Hmm. The loading pattern on the wheel suggests to me that either the diamond isn't traveling across the wheel in a straight line or that the table itself is not traveling in a straight line; might want to investigate those things first. I would also think about replacing that diamond, it looks pretty flat, but the picture is a little fuzzy. And absolutely get a chuck mounted diamond holder for finish grinding.

Hmm. The loading pattern on the wheel suggests to me that either the diamond isn't traveling across the wheel in a straight line or that the table itself is not traveling in a straight line; might want to investigate those things first. I would also think about replacing that diamond, it looks pretty flat, but the picture is a little fuzzy. And absolutely get a chuck mounted diamond holder for finish grinding.
Mounted a diamond in a steel block to stick to the magnet for dressing yesterday evening, didn’t have time to dress the wheel out. Going to check tram on the table this evening time allowing.

Back