What's new
What's new

Kwik-way FWS boring bar advice needed

MarleyJax

Plastic
I just picked up this kwik-way fws as my first boring bar. It came with the stand and a pretty much complete toolkit. I also got the manual but it’s kind of beat up and hard to read. When I picked up the bar there was oil all over the table. It has been sitting for a year or more so I wasn’t sure if it was gear oil or what but it was a great price so I just bought it. Before I start running it I want to go through everything and make sure it’s good. What kind of oil do you guys reccomend. The book just says 30 weight motor oil. Also I’m not sure how to check the oil level. On the side there is a hole that says oil but it does not seem to come out. The book says the oil fill is right in front of the motor, it looks like I might need to take the motor off to fill the transmission with oil. If it is leaking oil I heard Coder parts should be my place to buy? Any other advice or books out there on these boring bars? Thanks

Attachments

• image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    579.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 20
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    365.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 19
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    565.7 KB · Views: 22
I just picked up this kwik-way fws as my first boring bar. It came with the stand and a pretty much complete toolkit. I also got the manual but it’s kind of beat up and hard to read. When I picked up the bar there was oil all over the table. It has been sitting for a year or more so I wasn’t sure if it was gear oil or what but it was a great price so I just bought it. Before I start running it I want to go through everything and make sure it’s good. What kind of oil do you guys reccomend. The book just says 30 weight motor oil. Also I’m not sure how to check the oil level. On the side there is a hole that says oil but it does not seem to come out. The book says the oil fill is right in front of the motor, it looks like I might need to take the motor off to fill the transmission with oil. If it is leaking oil I heard Coder parts should be my place to buy? Any other advice or books out there on these boring bars? Thanks
Have you found a manual for your FWS yet? If not I have one and am willing to send a copy of manual and parts list. I am tech challenged so it may take a little time for me but willing to help if i can.

Back