What's new
What's new

Last Day at my old job

When I was in Engineering school we took a day long tour of a Kaiser steel mill in Fontana California. Its all gone now, turned the site into a California Speedway race track. But I digress.
They had both open hearth and continous caster, cold rolling and galvanizing lines. Coking ovens, the whole process. In one day I saw more dangerous crappy jobs than I have seen before or since.

They were hard men back then, I respect them, they deserve much more than what the crappy government gave them, minimum wage, minimum lifespan, minimum choice.
If it wasn’t for manufacturers in America and Britain to a much lesser degree, we would all be speaking German and spending marks and Jerusalem would be a bomb testing site
Mark

As well as a cpl of posts in the lower half of Page 1 on this thread.

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I had a really good time for about 4 years ......finished a lot of projects ,did the stuff I wanted to do ,hung out at the shed like we were still running trucks ......then everyone I knew just died....one after the other...........then the plandemic,then I sold the yard .......had some real good times in that yard over the years......and probably worst,I scrapped a whole lot of good machines ,and left my crane behind..

I had a really good time for about 4 years ......finished a lot of projects ,did the stuff I wanted to do ,hung out at the shed like we were still running trucks ......then everyone I knew just died....one after the other...........then the plandemic,then I sold the yard .......had some real good times in that yard over the years......and probably worst,I scrapped a whole lot of good machines ,and left my crane behind..

What does the next chapter have in store?

Back