What's new
What's new

Le Blond sliding gap lathes

MCritchley

Stainless
Is anyone on the forum running or has run a Le Blond sliding gap lathe? I am looking at one later this week and am curious if anyone has any cautions or words of praise for these unique machines.

We have one a my work. Seems to work well enough. Ours is a 20" lathe you can swing 30" on, so keep your expectations realistic.
ours has a goofy leg to support the bed when extended and a tool post mount to replace the compound for OD turning with the gap extended.

I have a PDF I found online with some info on them but it is too large to attach. Let me know if you are interested in it.

Is anyone on the forum running or has run a Le Blond sliding gap lathe? I am looking at one later this week and am curious if anyone has any cautions or words of praise for these unique machines.
Not the personal hands-on experience you're asking for but here is a brochure with some specs from a V.M. link
You may already have it.
There may be other information in the publication reprint links.

We have one a my work. Seems to work well enough. Ours is a 20" lathe you can swing 30" on, so keep your expectations realistic.
ours has a goofy leg to support the bed when extended and a tool post mount to replace the compound for OD turning with the gap extended.

I have a PDF I found online with some info on them but it is too large to attach. Let me know if you are interested in it.
The extended tool post makes a lot of sense and was listed in the bill of sale with the machine, I hope it's in the crate of stuff. I really don't plan on doing much in the extended gap, but it will be really nice to have.
Yes i am interested in the PDF, i'll PM my Email. Thanks

Tool post extender.

Attachments

• 20221018_101355.jpg
    20221018_101355.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221018_101335 (1).jpg
    20221018_101335 (1).jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 10

Back