What's new
What's new

leistritz keyseater vs 3" morrison keyseater

Pretz

Plastic
I am presently using a 3" morrison keyseater for keying 4.25 up to 9 in. bores, about 9" tall.
I am looking at a Leistritz Polymat 70 to add to my equipment. It looks like the tooling is quite a bit different.
Does anyone have any experience with the Leistritz equipment,support, and reliability.
Thank you

Pretz

I am presently using a 3" morrison keyseater for keying 4.25 up to 9 in. bores, about 9" tall.
I am looking at a Leistritz Polymat 70 to add to my equipment. It looks like the tooling is quite a bit different.
Does anyone have any experience with the Leistritz equipment,support, and reliability.
Thank you

Pretz

We have one of the 70 CNC machines we got brand new and have had it for a few years now and it's been an expensive experience. The machine design leaves much to be desired. We had to partially re-wire the machine because they run the cables naked through the casting of the machine through the internal oil tank causing them to dry out and become brittle and this was a nightmare with virtually zero clearance through the casting holes to run new cables through.

We had an issue where the machine kept losing it's positions in C, X, and Z which took months to get sorted out, during which the machine was down. Their support in the US is almost nonexistent.

Replacement parts take months to come in, we are currently in month 7 of waiting on a replacement draw bar for one of our inserts. Same goes for inserts, you better know what inserts you will need way in advance well before you need them, and have the means to re-sharpen the ones you have. And God help you if you need anything around the time of the German national holiday, you won't get anything other than an answering machine out of them for a month. We've taken to making many of the parts for this machine such as the sleeves for the parts we are working on because they want 1000's of dollars for simple parts that any basic shop could bang out in a day.

We have one of the 70 CNC machines we got brand new and have had it for a few years now and it's been an expensive experience. The machine design leaves much to be desired. We had to partially re-wire the machine because they run the cables naked through the casting of the machine through the internal oil tank causing them to dry out and become brittle and this was a nightmare with virtually zero clearance through the casting holes to run new cables through.

We had an issue where the machine kept losing it's positions in C, X, and Z which took months to get sorted out, during which the machine was down. Their support in the US is almost nonexistent.

Replacement parts take months to come in, we are currently in month 7 of waiting on a replacement draw bar for one of our inserts. Same goes for inserts, you better know what inserts you will need way in advance well before you need them, and have the means to re-sharpen the ones you have. And God help you if you need anything around the time of the German national holiday, you won't get anything other than an answering machine out of them for a month. We've taken to making many of the parts for this machine such as the sleeves for the parts we are working on because they want 1000's of dollars for simple parts that any basic shop could bang out in a day.
Thank you for your reply.
You kept me from a potential expensive mistake.
I’m still left with the problem of finding another keyseater. 3” Morrison are difficult to find. The wait time for new is around 8 months. Still waiting on a price from Mitts &Merrill.

Back