What's new
What's new

Lethal Weapons Manufacturing symbolizes Freedom & Excellence. A Maker industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange about the virus here too....with the floods ,and the federal election,the media has simply dropped it.....its not even faaaaake news anymore....its no news.......Unyet,...there was uproar about a few deaths in 20 and 21.....now it seems there are at least 20 deaths a day....hard to tell ,because the state govt has stopped reporting covid deaths as against other causes.

I'm amazed at how long the virus was the top news story in the USA where the average attention span of most seems to be about 5 minutes.

Funny how a potential world war can kick the covid story to the curb but that sure doesn't mean that it went away.

Ukraine will see a high demand for crab fishing equipment once the war is over. Putin is feeding the crabs in the back sea with hundreds of conscripts so the crabs will get fat and happy. Probably help caviar production as well.
Bill D

Does the black sea have commercial shrimping?

Go back and re-read all you're writing.
You have absolutely no idea what critical thinking means and you're sounding like Obama.

No question about it. You're one of them.

What part of what I wrote don't you agree with? Be specific here, not just "I don't see it that way".

Are you saying that 2+2 does equal 93? It won't surprise me much if you say yes.

And I'll take your comment about me sounding like Obama as a huge compliment. You sound like trump and that isn't meant to be any kind of compliment at all.

I thought I'd post a link to the drones that I mentioned earlier in this thread. They are for crop spraying and can spray 40 acres an hour.

And yes, they can probably carry a basket or two of towels.

DJI Agras T30-A New Digital Flagship for Agriculture

These have the potential to make guns pretty obsolete in war situations.

Sticking with the manufacturing theme.......

DJI--- Headquartered in Shenzhen, widely considered China’s Silicon Valley. Guess they beat us once again.

Putin?
There's a coup underway as I type, according to the British media.
And he hasn't got long to live anyway because of his advanced blood cancer.
Again, according to the British media.

Dang this movie is even more fast paced than the Truman show....

Wonder who the "bag man" is? Whenever the U.S. desired regime change someone has to handle the payoff. Even Kennedy used one to get rid of Ngo Dinh Diem....$42K before inflation.

Sticking with the manufacturing theme.......

DJI--- Headquartered in Shenzhen, widely considered China’s Silicon Valley. Guess they beat us once again.

The USA has been going downhill in manufacturing ever since St. Ronnie Raygun gave Japan most favored trading status back in the 80's. Being an auto worker in the 80's I couldn't help but feel betrayed by him. There are a lot of business people that put profits over country. Not that they can't make a profit in the USA but their greed seems to overcome their supposed love of country.

And trump is no different. Nothing is sacred in his chase for more money. He talks about illegal aliens like they are the enemy but he hires them to clean at his hotels. They may have gotten paperwork but they are still not US citizens.

And don't even start with the "jobs that Americans don't want" thing. Americans don't want hard jobs that pay shit wages. If hotels paid $40/hour to clean rooms there would be lines of people trying to get those jobs.

Remember free market economy and supply and demand? Republicans like to talk about that but they don't live it.

It is good to finally see wages rising though, even if the minimum wage is still stuck at $7.25/hour. Which is a total embarrassment to the USA.

edit to add: Who created DJI drone?
Wang founded DJI in 2006 and ran it out of his dorm room at Hong Kong University of Science & Technology. DJI, which reportedly has more than $2 billion in sales, raised money at an estimated valuation of $15 billion in 2018. DJI is best known for its Phantom Drones, which retail for around $1,000.

It is good to see that DJI didn't start in the USA and move to China.

In regards to:

"Ronnie Raygun gave Japan most favored trading status back in the 80's". Actually 1854. Franklin Pierce was President.

"The USA has been going downhill in manufacturing" Yea it has/is.

"It is good to see that DJI didn't start in the USA and move to China." Am guessing some may disagree but will just point out part of the theme of this thread revolved around drones being used as weapons in which case China's lead in that regard, along with supply chain issues may not be in our best interest.

Maybe the United States will start using all of our hard earned tax dollars re-building infrastructure within our own borders rather than sending $Billions to destroy it in other countries.

Peace!

And don't even start with the "jobs that Americans don't want" thing. Americans don't want hard jobs that pay shit wages. If hotels paid $40/hour to clean rooms there would be lines of people trying to get those jobs.

Remember free market economy and supply and demand? Republicans like to talk about that but they don't live it.

It is good to finally see wages rising though, even if the minimum wage is still stuck at $7.25/hour. Which is a total embarrassment to the USA.

Americans want good stuff for little money. It starts with the bi-partisan consumerism, not with Republicans. When you go to the supermarket, do you pick the most expensive tomatoes, or do you pick the cheapest ones ? How do tomatoes get to be so cheap ? Do you stay at motels paying $200 per night often, or do you stay at the cheaper ones ? You can't have it both ways - if you want cheap stuff, somebody has to deliver it at half or quarter the cost. If it's another person like you, who is unwilling to work for $7.50 per hour to make it happen, then we have to get a foreigner to fill the gap. You (and I, and everyone else) make it happen with your wallet, so don't complain.

Maybe the United States will start using all of our hard earned tax dollars re-building infrastructure within our own borders rather than sending $Billions to destroy it in other countries.

The "United States" will spend tax dollars on the things that enrich the ruling class thru insider trading allowed by the rules of the house and the senate. Full stop.

How else does a person that has never held a private sector job get to be a multi millionaire?

There are dozens of them in Washington of both political persuasions.

I actually think that sending crap to Ukraine is a worthy gift. Those poor folks are getting slaughtered by a ruthless dictator egged on by our former president.

The entire build back better thingy is also a scam to enrich the union backed workers that will drag everything they work on untill they double the price.

Name me ONE project that hasn't gone over budget. Go ahead try.

Americans want good stuff for little money. It starts with the bi-partisan consumerism, not with Republicans. When you go to the supermarket, do you pick the most expensive tomatoes, or do you pick the cheapest ones ? How do tomatoes get to be so cheap ? Do you stay at motels paying $200 per night often, or do you stay at the cheaper ones ? You can't have it both ways - if you want cheap stuff, somebody has to deliver it at half or quarter the cost. If it's another person like you, who is unwilling to work for $7.50 per hour to make it happen, then we have to get a foreigner to fill the gap. You (and I, and everyone else) make it happen with your wallet, so don't complain.

I understand the point, but the fact is consumers want choices. Some want a cheap room for a number of reasons while others opt for the more expensive lodging that may offer greater security, appealing location, or amenities. Of course there are those who have believe that society would benefit of zero choice and be happy whatever the decision makers offer.

Anyone in business has experienced the frustration of a client base that offers very minimal return on investment. But that is their choice. It is a common point of discussion here on Practical Machinist.

Now, in regards to "lethal weapons" quality and price point is actually in the news most every day and it appears the nation with the most op to date high tech...and costly...weapons will most probably win out over those with older less expensive equipment. And just like in manufacturing, the more technology you build in to eliminate humans the better off you are.

As far as minimum wage and the unwillingness to perform a job goes that is on the person who needs to pay the bills and those that need workers. Somewhere the day arrives where you either pay to play or close the doors. For some reason it seems government getting involved and propping things up only seems to cause more problems. So back to technology and what to do about jobs that are eliminated?

I remember when tennis shoes for the USA were pretty much all made in the USA. When the USA started importing them it was supposed to make them cheaper for consumers. Have you found any tennis shoes that are cheap lately? I haven't. But I'm pretty sure that a lot of people got wealthy by buying cheap overseas and selling at whatever price the market would bear. That drove most of the remaining shoe manufacturing out of the USA and the same can be said for literally thousands of products that used to carry the "made in USA" label.

I understand the point, but the fact is consumers want choices. Some want a cheap room for a number of reasons while others opt for the more expensive lodging that may offer greater security, appealing location, or amenities. Of course there are those who have believe that society would benefit of zero choice and be happy whatever the decision makers offer.

Choices are great, but if enough people make the wrong choice, right choice offering shrinks and goes extinct.

There was that company called American Apparel. They used to make clothing right in Los Angeles. Not necessarily most stylish or best quality, but it was good enough and appealing to me for being actually made in the US. They folded a few years ago and sold their brand to a Canadian company which still has a front for them with the stuff being made in Asia...

All the billions proposed into Ukraine...whether the money is actually pouring in there right now, already there, or is just being promised - IDK?
But everyone who is anyone is visiting Kyiv right now. It's bizarre to see in a "war zone"?
Makes me wonder if there's some money laundering going on, and "leaders" turning up to collect a cut....:D

Most of those billions aren't going to Ukraine. They're going to various US defense contractors. I guess we should feel good about supporting US jobs while getting Ukrainians and Russians killed :D

Choices are great, but if enough people make the wrong choice, right choice offering shrinks and goes extinct.

There was that company called American Apparel. They used to make clothing right in Los Angeles. Not necessarily most stylish or best quality, but it was good enough and appealing to me for being actually made in the US. They folded a few years ago and sold their brand to a Canadian company which still has a front for them with the stuff being made in Asia...

Read the history of "American Apparel". Lots of drama. Not necessarily a bad thing but banks and money men don't like unpredictable. Ahead of his time---wonder if he ever saw the movie "Save The Tiger"...sort of the same plot line but without arson and demonstrates business was already getting complicate back in 1973. Lots of moral dilemmas.

"Don't Sell Me America" Speech by Jack Lemmon from "Save the Tiger" 1973 - YouTube

Ukraine will see a high demand for crab fishing equipment once the war is over. Putin is feeding the crabs in the back sea with hundreds of conscripts so the crabs will get fat and happy. Probably help caviar production as well.
Bill D

Does the black sea have commercial shrimping?

Good question. I found this;” Seals and shrimp already extinct in the Black Sea
Over the course of the past 30 years, several species have disappeared from the Black Sea: seals, shrimp and certain oysters, along with several dozen other species of flora and fauna.Nov 10, 2009”

Link; Future going dark on the Black Sea - VoxEurop

That is too bad though they can probably turn it around if they want to.

I remember when tennis shoes for the USA were pretty much all made in the USA. When the USA started importing them it was supposed to make them cheaper for consumers. Have you found any tennis shoes that are cheap lately? I haven't. But I'm pretty sure that a lot of people got wealthy by buying cheap overseas and selling at whatever price the market would bear. That drove most of the remaining shoe manufacturing out of the USA and the same can be said for literally thousands of products that used to carry the "made in USA" label.

Converse back in the day! :)

Converse back in the day! :)

I have a pair of white low top Converse Allstars that were made in USA and are new in the box. I bought them probably 20 or 25 years ago and they were a little tight so I put them back in the box and kept them. Who knows, they may be the last pair of tennis shoes made in the USA. LOL

Good old Chuck Taylors.

Just trying to point out some facts. The earth in not flat. The election was not stolen. Mexico isn't paying for any walls.

That kind of thing.

This is a machinist site and I've come to expect some critical thinking out of our members here. Anyone that posts that 2+2=93 can expect me to correct them. Same goes for things like repeating trumps pathological lying.

2+2 isnt 93?

This thread has degraded far enough. Folks please keep the discussions civil, even if you disagree with other members. Infractions have been given to the worst offenders and messages have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back