What's new
What's new

Local trucking - Oahu

DanielG

Stainless
I need to get some pallets from the airport to Pearl Harbor. The trucking company I've used in the past is short-staffed and can't take them this time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Daniel

I've used a bunch of them. Can you be more specific? Are these empty pallets?

Is this a delivery to a gate or inside the base?

You might call DHX in Honolulu and see what they can do. Local Office 808.841.7311 or [email protected]

For my personal smaller stuff I really like this guy who has a business called "Guy With Truck" (808)382-9496 His name is Fred and he is a nice old guy that has a stake bed lift gate truck can do up to 2,200 lbs of a load and it's like 50 bucks plus a buck a mile after 10 miles if memory serves. Last time I used him was about 5 years ago so the prices may have changed.

If you don't get satisfaction out of these let me know there are a ton of haulers I use for machines and containers but I don't know about the logistics of your plan so not sure just any old hauler can roll up to Pearl Harbor.

You can talk to Fred about your specific needs and he might even be able to point you in the right direction if he can't do it.

EDIT: Most of the moving companies also do commercial hauling, anything for a buck.

Call Island Hoppers. Seems like a good bit of TCs business is hauling cargo. Looks like it's 50/50 aerial tours and moving cargo.

Thanks for the leads. There are two pallets/skids. #350 each, 88x38.5x38.5. Need to go onto the base all the way to the end user, who will unload them with a forklift.

Another lead. I just left a client and he was taking a delivery from Aloha Freight. He recommended and gets a lot of steel and welding materials delivered from various places. I was impressed because the driver called 5 minutes before he got there and was on time and also asked for help to unload the box because it was too heavy for him to being into the shop by himself. Usually the bad ones stand next to the truck and make you figure out how to get it out. Good Luck

Aloha Freight – Service so good, it's paradise

I'm following up for whoever reads this thread in the future.

I ended up using Pacific Transfer. Everything seemed to go well.

DHX said they could do it, but never got back to me with a quote. Aloha Freight doesn't do local trucking.

Thanks again for the help.

I'm following up for whoever reads this thread in the future.

I ended up using Pacific Transfer. Everything seemed to go well.

DHX said they could do it, but never got back to me with a quote. Aloha Freight doesn't do local trucking.

Thanks again for the help.

Did you ever try and get in touch with Island Hoppers? :D

No, I didn't. I had a few quotes and didn't make it to them. Thank you though.
Just to clarify - Island Hoppers is from the show Magnum P.I. from the 80's. :)

Sent from somewhere inside your house using Tapatalk

Back