What's new
What's new

Looked at a newish FP2A D11

Martin P

Titanium
Yet another Deckel NC showed up at a very local trade school.
Advertised as "missing system functions", super crappy pictures, covered in dust, no further description.
So I thought I just go by, look at it and load them the parameters, since I happen to have them for that machine.
Lead shop guy is a bit unhelpful and very disinterested. Machine is jammed into a corner and has been off power the last 2 years.
Under all the dust the machine looks new. Best operator panel I have ever seen. Slight dings on the enclosure fold-down door, which is normal.
I plug the cable in and turn on the switch. No nothing on CRT, no boot-up started on control in electrical cabinet. Repeated switch-ons and re-sets leave either the NRP card or the NPC card red.
Meanwhile the guy behind me gets nervous about his lunch time.
Since it does not boot up, I cannot load the parameters and turn on the power side of the machine.
The cabinet contains some essential stuff like parts listing, parameter floppy, but also the tools for the tool clamp mechanism. Never seen these.
No manuals. I ask about the manuals. He says "Only what you see" and it sounds like "I do not care enough to look for them in my office". Its hard to loose 2 machine manuals, 3 control manuals and about 4 programming manuals.
He calls the boss to talk pricing and misrepresents to him on the phone the machine condition. I am pushed to make an offer on the spot and say 1500 with some reluctance. They are insulted and shop guy says they will rather leave it sitting to gather more dust.
OK. Its not like I need it or have the space.

Back