What's new
What's new

Looking for a hand operated tubing bender

MCritchley

Stainless
We are looking for a quality tube bender that will bend up to 1" dia tubing. We have bought a few cheaper models that perform marginally and would like to upgrade.
My first thought was to just buy a Diacro #3 but was curious if there is anything comparable. I do not want hydraulics nor a cheap import. Also having good control of the pressure die is important to us, so I'll be looking carefully at that feature as well. We are doing prototypes so just a few parts.

Does anyone have a good recommendation?

If you have the space I would look at older/smaller Conrac, lenord,phi or Clark and Lewis benders. They where typically developed for aerospace and the smaller ones are all manual. I have a Clark and Lewis cl-150 that is a full manual mandrel bender (with the exception of mandrel retract which is a simple hydraulic cylinder) it will bend anything from 1/4” up to 1-1/2” thin wall annealed aluminum. It maxes out at 1” for steel and stainless. These benders better than a diacro and are a whole world of difference between a jd2 type bender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back