What's new
What's new

Looking for Chevalier FSG-2A618 Surface Grinder Manual

seeigecannon

Plastic
Hello. I just bought a new (to me) Chevalier FSG-2A618 surface grinder. I scoured a bunch of shady sites for a manual, but have not been able to find one. I contacted the manufacturer and they said the machine is old enough that they no longer carry manuals for it (they said it was made in the 80's or 90's).
Before applying power I am doing what I can to clean the machine up and making sure everything is all oiled and moving freely. I am also going to be installing a VFD as I only have single phase at my house. Knowing what all of those relays do would go a long way to helping me out. I also don't know what most of those buttons do.

If someone has a physical manual they would be willing to scan I would gladly pay for your time. Thanks.

Hello. I just bought a new (to me) Chevalier FSG-2A618 surface grinder. I scoured a bunch of shady sites for a manual, but have not been able to find one. I contacted the manufacturer and they said the machine is old enough that they no longer carry manuals for it (they said it was made in the 80's or 90's).
Before applying power I am doing what I can to clean the machine up and making sure everything is all oiled and moving freely. I am also going to be installing a VFD as I only have single phase at my house. Knowing what all of those relays do would go a long way to helping me out. I also don't know what most of those buttons do.

If someone has a physical manual they would be willing to scan I would gladly pay for your time. Thanks.
I am ready to purchase a Chevalier FSG-818-ad myself, also searching high and low for a manual. Were you able to find a manual? Some one out their must have these manuals lying around.

I have not been able to find a manual. However, I have created a schematic of the relay logic in my grinder. I only have single phase, so I removed the contractors and replaced them with a pair of VFDs. I have also made a few other modifications (e.g. indicator lights on direction of Y travel). Let me know if you have any questions and I can consult my machine.

Something I would like to do someday is adjust the hydraulics as full bore on the X travel is too fast, and that makes it harder to select the correct speeds on the main valve.

So far my machine has been working great after I got the bugs worked out of it. When I ground down the table and chuck I was able to just about get a mirror finish out of them after running them overnight.

Attachments

• surfaceGrinder.pdf
    68.3 KB · Views: 26

Back