What's new
What's new

Looking for help on how good (or bad) my shop is visable in google

I am looking into a SEO (search engine optimalisation service) for my website www.veltmanmachines.nl
But it is not cheap So I am a bit reluctant
I can look how good I am to be found but google knows me and colors my search
And it counts for this location only
So I come here to ask your opinion on how often you find my machines on google searching all the brands I sell
Deckel Aciera Mikron Weiler Schaublin Sixis Maho
All input is appriciated

Peter

When I do a search for Deckel, you come up at the bottom of page 5. I don't know if that's good or bad because I think Google will show me in-country stuff first most of the time. Pretty sure Google has some docs on how to improve search performance. Start with those before hiring somebody. I think Google even suggests that hiring somebody may not do much good. It would help to know how your website was made- a service or did you do it yourself?

Hate to say, your business doesn’t come up on my Google at all. Even with specific machine names and Holland or Netherlands used machines or machinery.

But why would I Google you? I see your great posts on PM all the time. :-)

Hi Peter,
I put in google search "Giovanni Breda AFP50" (would love to have that machine, wrong side of the pond) and your listing came up #3 on the search results as an example.

I don't know anything about SEO, I'm just a dumb old toolmaker, but a friend of mine does such things as a side line from his day job marketing a multi million dollar business.
Anyway, he has told me about some of (to me) remarkable things google has available to those in the know about SEO stuff. Now he's small time as SEO's go, but he has been assigned a personal google rep who actually answers her phone and emails, etc. It's absolutely amazing (again, to me) all of the ways that can be drilled down to benefit a website owner.

For instance, I mfg. some very niche machines and sell them off a humble little website. Sales can be somewhat seasonal, so for fun, I gave him "the keys" to my website and he asked some questions and then did his 'magic'. It was mind blowing going from lost in a billion google results to where he put it with minimal effort. It could have been done even much better if I wanted.

I guess the point of all this rambling, if there even is one, is I'm just suggesting that since SEO can be done from most any part of the world vs. where you live, I think you might consider finding a smaller SEO person who is honest and doesn't have so many clients that you don't get personal attention. My buddy said that is the downfall of most SEO places in his opinion. Too busy and greedy to stay up with your needs and google's ever changing / moving target rules.

Don't know if any of that helps. Just want to encourage you is all.

Peter,
I don't know anything about SEO.
You have a nice looking site and your photos are very good.
If my site would add:
Free loading to your conveyance device and Shipping quote from a local licensed machine mover.
Buck

Thanks for all the comments so far Please keep them comming
I advertice on several sites so it is not always obvious its my machine that pops up On most pictures it says veltman machines in the left corner I think there needs to be done something in optimizing the site I consider someone to look at optimising it now and then Probably cheaper as a€300/month service
Peter

Hey Peter,

as I've told you before, I've only seen your machines advertised in other sites (where you've put them yourself) and recognize them of the picture background. You've never popped in my results list.
When it comes to Google, you don't show up at all if I search for 'deckel fp3' or 'deckel fp3 for sale'. You do, however, come up first if I search for 'deckel fp3 nl'.
You do come up in the 'videos' results though, since you've uploaded (good for you) quite a few videos of machines for sale on YT. But, please, put your website link in the YT videos as well!

BR,
Thanos

Back