What's new
What's new

Looking for old W&S blueprints

mconsidine

Plastic
Hi,
I am not a W&S alum, but hope my posting here is still appropriate.
Currently I am involved in researching an old W&S telescope and am trying to find out what happened to the old blueprints that were used. As late as 1986 it appears that "W&S Tooling" had access to or a copy of the card catalog and list of blueprints used for different instruments. It's this material I am trying to track down.

Does anyone here know of or have a recollection of what became of the materials? I know that Case Western received some (all?) of the W&S archives, but I thought this happened in the 1970s. Perhaps I am mistaken on that. If so I hope someone here can correct me or give me some leads to run down.

Thank you in advance for reading - and for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Matt Considine
Randolph, VT

Hi,
Currently I am involved in researching an old W&S telescope and am trying to find out what happened to the old blueprints that were used. As late as 1986 it appears that "W&S Tooling" had access to or a copy of the card catalog and list of blueprints used for different instruments. It's this material I am trying to track down.

Does anyone here know of or have a recollection of what became of the materials? I know that Case Western received some (all?) of the W&S archives, but I thought this happened in the 1970s. Perhaps I am mistaken on that. If so I hope someone here can correct me or give me some leads to run down.

Sincerely,
Matt Considine
Randolph, VT

Attachments

• W&S Telescope marker.png
    W&S Telescope marker.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

Sincerely,
Matt Considine
Randolph, VT

I misspoke earlier. The organization was W&S Turning in Solon, OH, in 1986. A Thomas A Stuckey was their correspondent and at the time the group was part of Cross & Trekker

I misspoke earlier. The organization was W&S Turning in Solon, OH, in 1986. A Thomas A Stuckey was their correspondent and at the time the group was part of Cross & Trekker

btnLeftCir.jpg
First set of records
btngPrev.jpg
btngNext.jpg
Last set of records
btnRightCir.jpg
NumberDatePatenteeTitleType
695,712Mar. 18, 1902G. FeckerTelescope
701,863Jun. 10, 1902G. FeckerBinocular Glasses
714,340Nov. 25, 1902G. Fecker, W.R. WarnerBinocular Glass

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. What I would welcome is corresponding with someone who remembers how/where blueprints we're archived and indexed. And what might have become of those records. I've confirmed that they didn't end up at Case Western.
Matt

Back